1000yd+ public range in Kansas?

SAPPER26

I'm currently stationed in Kansas and haven't been able to find any public (or private) long distance shooting ranges. The local shooting clubs only offer 100yd zeroing ranges which won't allow optimal load development. Public land is very limited(spent most of my life in MT and WY where public land is plentiful and one could find many areas to shoot long range unhindered). Ft. Riley offers a personnally owned weapons range, but only goes to 300m. This will work, but it is seldom open. If anyone has any info on a 1000yd+ range near the Ft. Riley area I would like to know.

16 beautifull acres on the inside coast of Florida,
1600 ft of beach front.
with paved drive access.
water and elec. to property
this could be yours.
it's for sale.

go figure you beleaved the 1000 yard crap, figured i'd get all kinds if inquires about my property.
pure hox.
:)

Im a little ways away but get in touch with me and we could work out sometime to do some longrange shooting. I live in oxford.

just funning with the hairs on the back of you neck,
with a good gun and the right optics it ***. to go twice that range but
theres nothing left in energy.
a couple years back there was a guy out west who was making barrels 6 feet long out of 3" steel round bar.
and shooting small cal. in the 270 and 300 cartrages ,
he was shooting in the mile range.
i think the state of colorado made it illegal.
anyway it was quite the rage there for a few years, set up on the top of a mountion and shoot to the next state over with your 90 lb gun.
I'm comfortable shooting 400 and less

USMC 338,

When I get back from the sandbox later this year I should have my 338LM finished. I'm looking to stretch it out in preparation for a late season elk hunt in MT. If your around then, maybe we can link up.

Sapper26

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.