• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

1" tube 24x decent scope

Sealesniper

I am looking for a 1" main tube (as I already have rings for the Ruger) with 24X or more magnification to mount on my 17HMR. Currently I have a Swift 6x24x50 mounted, but the scope is not as clear as I need at full magnification with my old eyes. It is perfect in the brighter light, but once clse to dusk or dawn, I cant see well. My vision is already compromised by cornea issues, so my vision is already bad without poor light transmisson scopes. I shoot NF on everythign else, but dont want to invest hat much in a 100 yard squirrel gun. So, if you have a scope like I am searching for, let me know about it and what you want for it. If you have any expereince with under $300 scopes and can offer first hand knowledge, that would be appreciated. I have looked online at the Athlon Talos, buthave not had one to look through. Thank you in advance. If anyone has a need for the Swift scope mentioned above, I can give you a deal on it. Again it is a good scope for me when there is plenty of light, just looses clarity for me at dusk.

Sealesniper,

most of the scopes that I have researched (about 80) in that magnification range have 30mm tubes.

I'll attach my Scopes Specs Table below.
It's easy to compare the specs and pick out what's important to you.
▪Prices
▪Warranty
▪Weight/Length
▪Reticle/Turrets
▪IR

All scopes in the table have:
▪10y side parallax
▪and exposed turrets
▪and holdoff reticle

Good luck, 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachment: