1 scope, 2 rifles?

jackem

Gents, I am a couple of months out on my designated LR rifle while it's in line at the smith's. Meanwhile my new Nightforce scope is here and I would like to temporally mount it on a Rem 22-250 and get in some range time. Can it be done without breaking the bank? Which rings? Do I need to get a new base for the 22-250?

The new rifle is a Rem 700 in 338 LM. The plan is to have a 20 or 30 moa rail as a base, I like the ones with a recoil lug. Not sure of which one yet.

My Rem 700 BDL in 22-250 has 2 piece bases, Burris rings, and an older Burris Fullfield scope. It shoots good and more importantly cheaply:) so it should be a good platform for some practice with the new scope.

New scope is Gunwerks G7 version of a Nightforce NXS 5.5 - 22 x 50. I have no rings for this scope yet.

I've looked at Nightforce Ultralight and steel rings/bases so I know there are some really expensive choices on some really critical gear that need to be made in the near future.

Any and all suggestions on how to proceed are appreciated!

Jack

One piece pic rail bases on both rifles, then LaRue QD rings or one-piece mount.

LaRue Tactical Ultra-Low Mount Rings QD, LT719 | LaRue Tactical

LaRue Tactical 30mm 2 Piece QD LT123 | LaRue Tactical

LaRue Tactical OBR QD Scope Mount, LT111 | LaRue Tactical

You won't get perfect return to zero, but it'll be very close. About as close as you're gonna get without one scope per rifle.

Of course that assumes you want to continue to use 1 scope on 2 rifles after your new one arrives. If you're going to only swap the scope around once or twice and then leave it on the new gun, it probably isn't worth the extra expense of QD mounts. Just go with standard rings and mount it correctly each time.

Thank you for that info, I'll check LeRue Tactical.

I do not plan on switching the scope after the new rifle arrives. Of course that could change...:rolleyes:

Jack

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts