“Components In Stock” Thread

BlackTail30

Thought I would post this here to sort of gauge peoples thoughts/feelings on this.
First, I want to be clear that I am NOT trying depreciate the efforts of people to post reloading components that are available. I know they've helped a lot of guys get supplies. But what about starting ONE "Components In Stock" thread in the classifieds that we could continually post to when things become available? It seems like this would be a win/win in a lot of ways. First, it would eliminate all the duplicate (or triplicate, or more) postings of the same components at the same place. Second, it would make it much quicker and easier for people to actually get notifications if they were subscribed and watching ONE thread that was being added to, as opposed to a new thread (or six) every time something came available. Third, guys that are actually trying to sell their own components (or trade or buy) wouldn't have their threads shoved down 4 pages in 2 hours because VARGET@@$$@@$ for the 33rd time that day. Overall, I think it would make the Reloading Classifieds much cleaner and actually make it easier and quicker to get notifications when products do come available.

Thoughts?

A sticky would be nice, but availability changes in seconds. I considered buying more H1000 this morning, But hesitated, a minute later it was gone. Its hard to keep up with the race. Actually most of the posts I find are obsolete by the time I see them. My frequent searches turn up more hits than following the links here.

A sticky would be nice, but availability changes in seconds. I considered buying more H1000 this morning, But hesitated, a minute later it was gone. Its hard to keep up with the race. Actually most of the posts I find are obsolete by the time I see them. My frequent searches turn up more hits than following the links here.
And that's a big part of the point I was trying to make. By the time someone copy's a link, starts a NEW thread, titles it, pastes the link, and posts the thread, the component is gone half the time and no one even knew about the thread unless they were watching it get posted. A singular thread would shorten up the posting time, and more importantly notify members that something was posted, if they were subscribed to that thread with alerts. No way to get alerts to the dozens of brand new threads that are started daily.

I just check Powder Valley every time I can,was lucky and got 8 pounds of Varget a couple of weeks ago.Every time a post said in stock somewhere I always missed out,
It's tough times for sure! I scored 5 -1 lbers of H1000 the same way. Just randomly checking and getting lucky on Powder Valley.

And I don't think we'd want to make this a "sticky" per se. I think there would be value in seeing it "bumped" as that would be another way to alert members of a post.

I just started using https://www.shootingbot.com/

It will provide a notice whenever something you targeted becomes available. The site searches Powder Valley, Hodgdon site and other sites that don't even have a notification option so you don't have to keep checking their websites. If people would use this service, then there wouldn't be much of a need to keep posting in the classified section here unless it were a personal transaction request.

I just check Powder Valley every time I can,was lucky and got 8 pounds of Varget a couple of weeks ago.Every time a post said in stock somewhere I always missed out,
I watch PV all the time looking for Varget it showed once about a year ago and by the time I got my order done. They went out of stock! Haven't been able to get any for quite some time.. and have many pains. But can live without it 🤷‍♂️

I just started using https://www.shootingbot.com/

It will provide a notice whenever something you targeted becomes available. The site searches Powder Valley, Hodgdon site and other sites that don't even have a notification option so you don't have to keep checking their websites. If people would use this service, then there wouldn't be much of a need to keep posting in the classified section here unless it were a personal transaction request.
Thanks. Checking it out now, Never knew about this,

Guys that are already signed up on shooting-bot, Discord, Ammo Seek, etc probably aren't using these classifieds to get their notifications. This would be a way for guys on here to get notifications of posts that don't want to sign up for those other sites. It would also drastically clean up the Reloading Classifieds so that they don't continually look like this. And 3 of the next 5 posts were also for H1000 at Midsouth. Literally 7 out of 13 posts were for the exact same thing at the same place. And that seems to be getting worse every day.
58F5B5C7-D245-4E50-88F0-895A63AD7EE6.jpeg

Even keeping an eagle eye on email alerts doesn't get you something in stock.
Received email "in stock" notification into my Inbox at 0831. I read the email at 0837, immediately went to the site: Out of Stock.
Gone in 6 minutes (at the max).

Even keeping an eagle eye on email alerts doesn't get you something in stock.
Received email "in stock" notification into my Inbox at 0831. I read the email at 0837, immediately went to the site: Out of Stock.
Gone in 6 minutes (at the max).
I had the same experience around the same time this am.