Zombie antelope

Buffalobob

I have tried both Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Picture Manager to get rid of the zombie eyes of dead antelope. I try use the Redeye function even though there is no red and it does not do anything but mess up the rest of the antelope.

What software and what buttons do you uses to cure them.

686buck.jpg

I use MS Picture It and the red eye repair takes it out and turns it into this.
686buck.jpg

Then it's only a couple of clicks if you want to and the small white spot can be removed also.

I am by no means a Photoshop expert but it works well for me sometimes. In the red eye fly out there are 4 tools. If the red eye tool does not get it then the next best choice would be the spot healing brush. Just blow it up and fix it one pixel at a time. Sometimes an eye or a spot will clean up easy and then there are the ones that never look right. I am sure there are other ways. Photoshop is an excellent program.

Bob,
I resolved that problem with a thin bit of clay or dirt over the eye of a buck once. Easier is to turn the head slightly so the light does not reflect directly back out of the eye. I understand reflection off the rich supply of blood vessels in the back of the eye is the root of the problem, so a minor angle will eliminate that happening. I tried it on an antelope buck a couple of years ago and seemed to fix the problem.
Good luck with your hunting and photography.
ian

I have tried Adobe "starter 3.2" and Microsoft "Photo Editor" and I am just doing something wrong with the software because I can't make that happen. Everybody seems to be able to do it but me. :confused:

BoB

Just turn the flash off if you have enough light.

Or shield the direct flash with your hand.

Works for me.

J E CUSTOM

wum69g.jpg

Adobe Photoshop CS3

The red eye button did not work. I had to do it manually by using selections and Levels.

BB
I know how you feel, I just got this new fangled "Foto Whizz" and I can't quite get it to work either. Guess I just need to play with is some more.
DB
686buckA.jpg

This thread should be moved down to the Humor section.

I got myself a video camera and hopefully I will have some good videos of some long range antelope this season. Maybe I will read the manual and try to figure out how to turn it on (that should help a lot).

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.