Favorite Antelope cartridge

EllisonJ

Planning a antelope hunt this fall and would like to use it for a excuse to purchase a new rifle. I decided on the Nosler Liberty, just need some input on what cartridge you guys like the best. I currently reload for the 308 and 6.5 CM. Not against others, just conversation.

I built a .25-06AI 15 years ago specifically for pronghorn. 100 TTSX @ 3620, or 115 HVLD @ 3450. Well...I have YET to draw an AZ pronghorn tag. And in the last 15 years, I shot out that barrel. It killed many deer along the way.

But I rebuilt it last year into a .280AI. Then....I got a NM pronghorn tag 3 months later. Of course. So I used my 6.5SS. This year, I will be using my 6CM for my NM pronghorn.

I use both the 7mm08 and .280 Rem. with excellent results. But then again, the .280 is my fav for everything I hunt.

.257 Wby got my Az antelope. However, I'm in awe of my son's heavy barrel 25-06. 115 Bergers in both with H1000 in the Wby and Retumbo in the 25-06. Lance, got my Az tag in 7 years and neice's daughter in two. I'm at 12 points now.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.