The Zombie marketing craze

texan79

We have Zombie lowers, zombie sights, zombie ammo, zombie targets, zombie pistols, and now Sons of Guns does an entire episode on a new Zombie Gun.

I get it, its kind of funny and amusing. But then again, so was Joe Camel right? With all the buzz around new gun legislation, and the ever present buzz of liberal BS, I see this as a bad thing.

We gave them ammunition. If kids liked a cartoon camel, and thus turned to smoking because of it, can you imagine the headlines that an incedent with one of these "zombie" weapons will generate?

Despite the money being made right now, I dont think I would want my company associated with the zombie craze.

Cripey cant there be any fun in life and in long range shooting? Here does it all have to be Mathews 1500.00 bows and 97000 kinds of stupid turkey calls and rifle groups measured to 5 digits (yeah right!) and ridiculous 27 page posts about tape on the muzzle harming accuracy??? Ya think Jesus never laughed? Good grief.

Sure the Zombie craze is silly and stupid. But its fun, and so is their marketing and silly dayglo packaging. The best part of the Zombie craze... its AMERICAN MANUFACTURING. And it's accurate. And THAT is what it's all about.

I understand the thought, but over time bringing people to the sport always trumps how some news caster will present it. I've got a 10 year old friend if shooting Zombie bugs, dogs and pizza delivery targets keeps him coming back I'm in. My personal itch is the bleeding zombie wolf packed with tannerite. LOL! Have fun.

Cripey cant there be any fun in life and in long range shooting? Here does it all have to be Mathews 1500.00 bows and 97000 kinds of stupid turkey calls and rifle groups measured to 5 digits (yeah right!) and ridiculous 27 page posts about tape on the muzzle harming accuracy??? Ya think Jesus never laughed? Good grief.

Sure the Zombie craze is silly and stupid. But its fun, and so is their marketing and silly dayglo packaging. The best part of the Zombie craze... its AMERICAN MANUFACTURING. And it's accurate. And THAT is what it's all about.

I dont disagree. Just playing devils advocate and sparking conversation.

I just ordered 500 Zombie killing Z-Max bullets by Hornady. I actually bought them because my regular V-Max bullet was out-of-stick not because I expect to be attacked by Zombies any time soon. :D

Does anyone know what the real difference is between a .224 Z-Max bullet and a V-Max bullet? Lots of opinions posted on the net but what's the real difference?

I just ordered 500 Zombie killing Z-Max bullets by Hornady. I actually bought them because my regular V-Max bullet was out-of-stick not because I expect to be attacked by Zombies any time soon. :D

Does anyone know what the real difference is between a .224 Z-Max bullet and a V-Max bullet? Lots of opinions posted on the net but what's the real difference?

The box?

I heard the green tips were a special compound mixed by voodoo princess in a cemetery
under a full moon to kill zombies no matter where they are hit. She claims you really don't need a gun just blow the dust in their face. Kind of a blend of old technology and new.:rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.