The Zombie marketing craze

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by texan79, Apr 23, 2012.

1. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

We have Zombie lowers, zombie sights, zombie ammo, zombie targets, zombie pistols, and now Sons of Guns does an entire episode on a new Zombie Gun.

I get it, its kind of funny and amusing. But then again, so was Joe Camel right? With all the buzz around new gun legislation, and the ever present buzz of liberal BS, I see this as a bad thing.

We gave them ammunition. If kids liked a cartoon camel, and thus turned to smoking because of it, can you imagine the headlines that an incedent with one of these "zombie" weapons will generate?

Despite the money being made right now, I dont think I would want my company associated with the zombie craze.

2. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

Cripey cant there be any fun in life and in long range shooting? Here does it all have to be Mathews 1500.00 bows and 97000 kinds of stupid turkey calls and rifle groups measured to 5 digits (yeah right!) and ridiculous 27 page posts about tape on the muzzle harming accuracy??? Ya think Jesus never laughed? Good grief.

Sure the Zombie craze is silly and stupid. But its fun, and so is their marketing and silly dayglo packaging. The best part of the Zombie craze... its AMERICAN MANUFACTURING. And it's accurate. And THAT is what it's all about.

3. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I understand the thought, but over time bringing people to the sport always trumps how some news caster will present it. I've got a 10 year old friend if shooting Zombie bugs, dogs and pizza delivery targets keeps him coming back I'm in. My personal itch is the bleeding zombie wolf packed with tannerite. LOL! Have fun.

4. texan79

texan79 Well-Known Member

I dont disagree. Just playing devils advocate and sparking conversation.

5. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

I just ordered 500 Zombie killing Z-Max bullets by Hornady. I actually bought them because my regular V-Max bullet was out-of-stick not because I expect to be attacked by Zombies any time soon. :D

Does anyone know what the real difference is between a .224 Z-Max bullet and a V-Max bullet? Lots of opinions posted on the net but what's the real difference?

6. tinman13kup

tinman13kup Well-Known Member

I used to think like you, but then I started thinking about it figuratively instead of literally.

7. Red hunter

Red hunter Well-Known Member

The box?

8. Bravo 4

Bravo 4 Well-Known Member

I think the green tip kills dead people faster.:D

9. T3-OleMan

T3-OleMan Well-Known Member

"...............yea what Bravo said" and we got the SKID marks to prove it!:rolleyes:

Good one buba.

10. HARPERC

HARPERC Well-Known Member

I heard the green tips were a special compound mixed by voodoo princess in a cemetery
    under a full moon to kill zombies no matter where they are hit. She claims you really don't need a gun just blow the dust in their face. Kind of a blend of old technology and new.:rolleyes: