zeiss scopes

I found this in the shooter manual

Elevation Correction - This is used to correct for scope turret clicks that aren't quite what they say they are. If you've come to realize your .25MOA per-click scope is actually .23MOA per-click then you'd put a correction factor of 1.08695652 (.25/.23) because you actually need to adjust more as you aren't quite getting a full quarter MOA per click. So say your elevation solution for a 1000yd shot is 28MOA and you have the correction factor of 1.08695652. Shooter will multiply 28 by 1.08695652 to give you 30.4MOA. So even though the real solution is 28, you'd dial 30.4MOA because your scope only adjusts .23MOA rather than .25MOA per-click. An asterisk (*) will be placed next to the angular unit in the Solution and Trajectory Table screens when using these inputs to denote that the given value is corrected and not the actual calculated correction. Inaccurate click adjustments are more common than you may think. Don't take this for granted. To effectively disable this feature, leave the input set to 1.0

Yep that is it. Play with based on the number i gave you and it will be surprisingly accurate to your scope. Your correction value would be approx .25/.315 or .79365079

Dzander, looks like you've got some real good info to work with. If you want to dial up work with the levels as discussed canting the firearm and targets that are not level can cause you trouble with all these experiments. What your rifle scope combination is doing looks pretty good for your methodology.

If you level both and ensure the scope is level with target and rifle your measurements will change some. At 500 or less this is not as significant but beyond 600 it will take on new meaning.

BTW I own 3 HD5 and all track pretty well spot on. They're not Nightforce but for 1/2 the money they suit my uses well.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Well I had a conquest 4.5X14. It was way off on the elivation adjustments,called Zeiss they replaced it with a 5x15 HD5. It didn't have any dots on the cross hairs for windage adjustment or hold like my 4.5 x14 that had a 43 reticle. They don't make the hd5 with a 43 reticle. I called them back and they said the closest they had was the 5x25 with the rapid z 1000 reticle. They sent my that one at no charge and I sent the 3x15 back. The rapid z1000 reticle is kind of bizzy but it has dots on the horizontal cross hair so to get a 5x25 scope for the $850 I paid for the 4.5x14 I'm very happy.

Shot this tonight
Zero wind.
Leveled target as in tall target video
I think it's pretty good other than after dialing up to 30" group opened up but I was loosing daylight. Basically dialed in 120 clicks for 30" and actual poi was 31.25".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 52
Dzander That's looking pretty sweet for no level on the firearm. That will get you to 500 with no trouble at all. She's a sweet shooter.

Good luck and don't forget to post some pic's of your conquests

Bob

Looking real good!! I saw dials on this scope that are marked 1/4 MOA per click adjustment. 30 times 1.047 = 31.41 inches compared to your results at 31.25".

.016" difference in 30 moa of dial is very accurate per click, like .249 moa so scope is dialing adjusting very accurate.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.