zeiss scopes

big mike 2121

okay guys finally ordered my remington 5R .308. went with a Zeiss 4.5-15x50 scope with the hunting turrets. its either a #4 reticle or the rapid z 600. gimme the good bad and ugly.

thanks

Great scope and choice, I would recommend the target turrets so you may dial elevation and wind. The z600 does not always match well to your best load or you have to tailor the load to fit. With dial and or mil-dot you are alway able to adjust for new loads or locational factors.

I have the 4.5 to 14 44mm Zeiss mildot, target knobs on everything I own. It is just a great scope and Kenton Industries does an outstanding job on the Zeiss knobs once you get a load worked up.
Just my 3 cents worth............
Oh yeah, if you talk to Kenton, they'll tell you the same thing.

Randy

Last edited:
Zeiss has an online calculator that will tell you the optimal power setting for your load once you get the dope. I too use the target knobs with Kenton caps. FWIW, Zeiss is now providing blank turret caps for Kenton.

To me that would be a hard one based on your two reticle choices. The German #4 would not be a good target reticle and I don't like the busy reticles like the Rapid Z. I guess if it was between these two reticles, I would probably go with the Rapid Z. But the 4.5-14x50 is not available in the Rapid Z 600. You would have to go with Hunter Knob Rapid Z800.

I have one and love it. The only problem I have is the focus ring on the eyepiece makes it impossible to have a Butler Creek on it. I hate to say it but i think Ziess is a better quality product than my pet Leupolds are.

Hicks

I purchased a 4.5x14 44 mm some time ago. The test i sighted in my 25x284 used xbal shot at 575 than 1060 back to 200 and scoped trcked perfect. Than after this it verfied my vel. i called Kenton for a knb. Mike was with the regular turrent so i sent it back to zeiss for the target knob so i could get the kenton knob. Actually saved a few bucks this way. Zeiss was good haad in back in 3 weeks. So far i like the scope and some lupys might have to take a ride. The side focus works to the yardage it says and love the easy adjustment on the eye piece, no lock ring to mess with.
mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.