Your most interesting animal encounter

One real windy night in the dark , l walked out my friends back porch , and 30 feet away , a bear was eating apples , we saw each other at the same time , we both jumped , I yelled something at him and he took off , the only problem was he was looking back at me , and ran smacked into a metal shed with a bag , then he hightailed it out.

Speaking of Camp Pendleton, back in 2001 I was there as a civilian contractor modding the AH1W. Spent about 8 months out there, guys(Marines) I was working with told me about Julian. I had met a chick that lived in LA Jolla and wanted to get away for a few days. Rented the Big Cat Cabin and it came by its name honestly. One night I awoke about 1am to the sounds of deep purrs and lapping water. This cabin had Dutch doors, which I had been leaving the top half open every night with just the screen covering the opening. I walked out of the bedroom to investigate the sound and looked directly at the cabins namesake, on its hind legs peering in the kitchen door with a simple screen separating us at about 10'. I don't know who was more surprised or scared, me or the cat. Needless to say we slept with the doors closed after that.

Probably the most exciting thing but this was the funniest thing I've seen in the woods my longbow and I was sitting 15 foot up in a tree in late November I heard something behind me I turned around there were two squirrels running around they went up the tree behind me probably 15 feet higher than I was the female stopped on a forked limb about as big as a lead pencil her front legs were in the forks her hind legs in the single part of the limb the male ones up behind her puts his front feet on her back he's balancing with his hind legs on the small branch he starts to pour the coal to her and she launched forward about 6 inches the male lost his footing and fell 30 ft he hit the ground so hard he bounced he just layer there a few second got up shook it off and up the tree he went he gets to her she backs up he does same thing he starts to jack hammer damned if she didnt launch forward again same thing he fell bounced layed there got up shook and said to hell with her it isn't worth it and he left I still get laughing to my self when I think of it Sorry for rambling. David

Probably the most exciting thing but this was the funniest thing I've seen in the woods my longbow and I was sitting 15 foot up in a tree in late November I heard something behind me I turned around there were two squirrels running around they went up the tree behind me probably 15 feet higher than I was the female stopped on a forked limb about as big as a lead pencil her front legs were in the forks her hind legs in the single part of the limb the male ones up behind her puts his front feet on her back he's balancing with his hind legs on the small branch he starts to pour the coal to her and she launched forward about 6 inches the male lost his footing and fell 30 ft he hit the ground so hard he bounced he just layer there a few second got up shook it off and up the tree he went he gets to her she backs up he does same thing he starts to jack hammer damned if she didnt launch forward again same thing he fell bounced layed there got up shook and said to hell with her it isn't worth it and he left I still get laughing to my self when I think of it Sorry for rambling. David
😂

While filling the protein feeder, this (young) gorgeous white fallow buck stepped out and just paced around and fed while we worked getting as close to 20ft never paying us no never mind. He was waiting for us to leave because as we drove off he made his way to the feeder.

I'll make this short, due to the stupidity. Ran after a badger, kicked it in the but while running. It flipped in the air and landed on it's feet or belly and was aimed back toward me. The badger never missed a beat, It's amazing how fast you can run when you have to, Also lucky the truck was very close. The guy that did that was 20 years younger than I am today. I like to think that wisdom is gained by experience.

I was pig hunting in CA a few years ago and heard some huffing and puffing behind me. Turned around and had a bull elk staring at me about 10 yards away. He was stomping the ground, growling, and had snot coming out his nose. I was honestly a little scared he was going to charge. Had a star down with him for a few mins with my crosshairs on him and he eventually turned around and walked away.

I had a sow and a cub walk up withing 10 yards of me while deer hunting once. I stalked a couple of blacktail does once just to see how close I could get to them, ended up getting withing 5'. Being that close was fun, they couldnt figure out what I was for the longest time and eventually just meandered off.