Your most memorable Christmas present as a kid.

When I was 6 my hearts desire was a 22 rilfle, started saving for one with chore money and rakeing leaves. Around december I was still short the 119 for a chipmunk I wanted even with christmas money. So my grandfather talked me in to a nickle plated 10-22 for 107$ at a local store. That rifle has been across the nation several times and is on its 2nd spring set and through I don't know how many iterations of stocks and barrels.

I used to make my fingers raw loading that 10 round magazine shooting ground squirrels in the spring and corks towed behind the boat in the summer.

My mom has a picture of me on the couch late christmas night cuddled up asleep on the couch holding the rifle.

My Dad hated venison, and didn't shoot a gun unless a stray cat was around the house. So that didn't bold well for me getting a deer rifle. gun)

I can remember getting my first bb gun, spinning rod, (I was more of a fisherman as a kid)

But I think the one thing I remember most about (8 or 9 years old) which probably sounds really stupid, was this big plastic t-rex with movable legs, jaw and arms. I was dinasour crazy as a kid, always digging in exposed sand cliffs, and generally thinking I was going to find some cool bones, and be an archiologist when I grew up. I guess at that age I was just imaginative, and loved the idea that these big bastards were once king of the hill.

Now I want a time machine so I can go back to the Cretaceous period and help them go extinct.:D

Age 7 I got a Benjamin 22 Cal AIR RIFLE. One day the next week I set a new world record - 22 English sparrows and 1 Brown Thrush, that I called in...:cool:
Them were the days.

I was like 5 and got a remote controlled helicopter. I spent hours flying it in the dining room... Then I woke-up and got the usual Christmas presents.

I was about 4 years old. Got me a set of Fanner Fifty's and a new hat and boots. Lets see how many of you figure out what I am talking about. :)

Wow this will date me. :( :)

You not kiddin! I also got a Fanner 50 for Christmas about the same age. It wasn't the pair but I do remember that it had a really nice leather holster.

I also got cap guns, but my favorite was a used (1956) Remington 721, 06 that I got in 1959, my dad paid $65 for it. It is now a failry expensive 35 Whelen

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts