Your most interesting animal encounter

Starlite

Just as the title states
This is mine
Seen it recently while visiting family in Southern NB, Can. I walked right up to it.

Attachments

• C0521BF7-52E5-4B30-A926-0CE906E1D56F.png
    C0521BF7-52E5-4B30-A926-0CE906E1D56F.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 126
I have had a black bear walk up a trail to within 10 feet...me on the trail..not hunting.......
I walked towards a black bear in BC for a close up pic..about 20 feet..could har its teeth grinding...
Shot a bull elk at 5'.......
had a really small calf elk come to my call..I could have touched it thru the barbed wire fence..apparently rest of herd went to water.....
called a blacktail deer to within 5' of me..with my bird whistles......
Saw what I believe were 2 Bigfoot at 350-400yds....

I have had a black bear walk up a trail to within 10 feet...me on the trail..not hunting.......
I walked towards a black bear in BC for a close up pic..about 20 feet..could har its teeth grinding...
Shot a bull elk at 5'.......
had a really small calf elk come to my call..I could have touched it thru the barbed wire fence..apparently rest of herd went to water.....
called a blacktail deer to within 5' of me..with my bird whistles......
Saw what I believe were 2 Bigfoot at 350-400yds....
I've seen albino moose and deer but never a half albino deer before. Had quite the starring contest

Oh yes.....while I was guiding a couple guys in a driftboat steelhead fishing trip..
A beaver swam around a willow bush coming at the boat...then another swam out to the side of it and pushed it back towards the bank.....the first beaver was blind..looked like it's eyes were completely covered with glaucoma..the second beaver was its 'guide beaver'..beaver...
That was a very close and really cool sighting...

I've been fortunate to have several. I had a whitetail doe chew on the 3D leaf fabric of my ground blind. I once had whitetail button buck ruin a morning of squirrel hunting by following me around like a dog. He followed me over a mile back to camp. I later learned he was an orphan raised by a local farmer. Apparently, the game commission found out about him earlier that week and transferred him to nearby state forest.

My niece's husband had a strange encounter with this ruffed grouse in 2020.
63065850-7FFE-4218-B55B-AD5500C14FEE.jpeg

Hey, very cool thread. In short form: I've watched a sow brown bear run down a Sitka Blacktail on Kodiak. Seen a lion catch a Springbok and then her and two other lions tear it apart while it was still alive. Watched a wolf wait for a ground squirrel to pop out and she snapped it up and carried it off. Had a lynx stalk me, it ended up about five feet behind me as I was sitting with my back up against a very large tree. Heard a small noise, leaned around the tree and there it was, all crouched down and slinking in. Had a black bear try to get in a stand with me, she climbed the tree and was pushing my chair out of the way.
I love the outdoors! See some incredible things.
Take Care

Had a bobcat kit walk past me on a stone wall I was hunting from behind, was watching a hawk in a tree eying something, figured a rabbit, up comes this young bobcat, gorgeous less than two feet away. Stared at each other for a sec and they walked down the wall for a bit then into brush. My buddy had shot a large female a few weeks earlier with kits, fall Turkey season, thought he was a Turkey almost got himself et lol. Shot the mom, the kits scattered. He was as white as a ghost when we met back up lol

I was hiking along the Kipuka Puaulu Trail on the big Island of Hawaii near the volcano National Park and this bird walked up to me. I was wearing a tan vest and my spouse, and I believe that it was so accustomed of being picked up by the ranger naturalists that it thought I was one.

Attachments

• Hawaii Bird.jpg
    Hawaii Bird.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 91
1.I caught a bat , half way through my cast in mid air.
2. walked up to a crippled Bull elk and he tried to bite me .
3. Shot at a 3 pointer with my Bow and missed , and. The fork n horn standing next to him got scared and ran into a fence and broke his neck.

At our hilltop pasture on the Oregon coast, I was walking along and saw a coyote looking for mice about 50yds. away. We were both in wide open sunlight and I was surprised that he hadn't seen, heard or smelled me. After a couple minutes, I crossed the fence and walked slowly toward it. By the time I was 20yds. away, it still didn't seem to notice me. I stood watching for a few minutes and he never acknowledged me at all. That's the only coyote I've seen in 20 years on the coast. He sure was different than the hundreds I experienced in the 20 years living in eastern Oregon previously.

Tied for most interesting but for different reasons was at the same place. I was recouperating from a tractor rollover on that place one summer. On my first day out of the house, I decided go look for a walking stick for a crutch in the woods near that pasture. I found one but it needed cutting. I also found cougar tracks cool! I followed them over to the dirt road leading to the barn where the handsaw was. The road was dry and dusty. The cat had left the road after about 30 yards. Went to the barn and got the saw. Going back, when I got to where I had walked along looking at the cougar tracks, there was now a trail of fresh tracks on the other side of mine now! I went and cut my staff and went back to the house! Enough fresh air for that day!

At our hilltop pasture on the Oregon coast, I was walking along and saw a coyote looking for mice about 50yds. away. We were both in wide open sunlight and I was surprised that he hadn't seen, heard or smelled me. After a couple minutes, I crossed the fence and walked slowly toward it. By the time I was 20yds. away, it still didn't seem to notice me. I stood watching for a few minutes and he never acknowledged me at all. That's the only coyote I've seen in 20 years on the coast. He sure was different than the hundreds I experienced in the 20 years living in eastern Oregon previously.

Tied for most interesting but for different reasons was at the same place. I was recouperating from a tractor rollover on that place one summer. On my first day out of the house, I decided go look for a walking stick for a crutch in the woods near that pasture. I found one but it needed cutting. I also found cougar tracks cool! I followed them over to the dirt road leading to the barn where the handsaw was. The road was dry and dusty. The cat had left the road after about 30 yards. Went to the barn and got the saw. Going back, when I got to where I had walked along looking at the cougar tracks, there was now a trail of fresh tracks on the other side of mine now! I went and cut my staff and went back to the house! Enough fresh air for that day!
👍

Back in the late 70's I climbed a mountain side while hunting elk and got to the top the same time a Ram did,we both screamed.I sat down and opened a Mountain Do soda and began to drink,he got up and walked up to me and I poured the drink in his mouth then left.I went to the game station and told a game warden what happened and he said several pen raised male's were released to help populate the area and we both felt that ram was likely one of them.
Still a great memory