Young mans beautiful fox

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by scottmilk9, Apr 17, 2012.

1. scottmilk9

scottmilk9 Member

My buddy Pat, his son Cody and i went hunting towards Silver City, NM. We had some great land to hunt on and the land owner was one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

We had a few opprotunities, stalked a coyote on a ridge and into a canyon and I even took a very very long shot at a coyote. All to no avail.
    The next day, I had to pass on going with these gentlemen due to setting up for the PM banquet and low and behold, my bad Karma was set free when I got a text with this picture. Cody nailed this beautiful Gray fox at 225yds with a 60gr Vmax out of his SD 223 that I built for him. I know this isn't a long range shot for some of you, but with his 18" 223 and a pretty extreme angle, I'm very proud of Cody for making a clean shot.

This is one of the most beautiful foxes I have ever seen, they decided to tan it and keep it for Codys room.

Cody is a fine young man, graduating from HS this summer and will be going off to college. He is also a fine hunter and a wealth of knowledge in the AG field(like his dad).

Thanks guys for letting me tag along on the hunt, as always I truly appreciate your friendship.
    [​IMG]

2. dieseldoc

dieseldoc Well-Known Member

Cody:

Great looking Fox thanks for sharing the photo.

Charlie

3. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

Haha..I looked at the pic first and thought...man that has to be in southern New Mexico with that kind of terrain and rock! Read the post and I was right. About 50 miles from me haha. Very nice fox indeed.

4. scottmilk9

scottmilk9 Member

I was a little jealous, but so happy for Cody. I got a nice male gray this year, but not the colors shown here. I love hunting in NM, it has so much different terrain.