red fox

shooter53

Hi guys just wondering how big your red foxs are out there,and how much a pelt brings,I was out last night had a big dog weighed in just under 24LB what weight would a large dog fox be out there, happy hunting guys and stay safe

Attachments

• 20231029_203546[1].jpg
    20231029_203546[1].jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 64
Hi guys just wondering how big your red foxs are out there,and how much a pelt brings,I was out last night had a big dog weighed in just under 24LB what weight would a large dog fox be out there, happy hunting guys and stay safe
That looks like a Grey, but foxes come in all different shades depending on what part of the world. WE live in SE GA USA and our Greys are usually in the 20# weight range. I'll try to did up some pictures of Greys we trapped and shot.

That looks like a Grey, but foxes come in all different shades depending on what part of the world. WE live in SE GA USA and our Greys are usually in the 20# weight range. I'll try to did up some pictures of Greys we trapped and shot.
our native foxs here in Wales are reds, in saying that we dont know what has been brought in from other countries in the past and have bred they can vary from a light sandy colour to very dark especially on the belly i shoot 1000s so see a lot of variation ive had long tails bob tails and once no tail at all, Might have been a bad shot by me the year before lol

Other than not having a white tip on its tail it looks like several of the red fox that I have taken. The male fox in my area will go in the 20 - 25 lb. range. Several of the red fox in my area have the darker coloration and lighter hips. In the 70's and early 80's there were several fox farms in this area and the black color as well as what they called fire and ice, a kind of pinkish colored fox, were specialties that were a prized pairing of the red fox and were bred so as to make more of that coloring of fox for the fur market. The black colored was called a blue fox, but they were just a color faze of the red fox and there was also red fox that actually had a black colored cross on their front shoulders, much like donkeys do. I caught one red fox that had snow white legs from the feet up to nearly halfway up its legs. I had it tanned and made into a wall rug for the rancher I got it on, as he had asked me to because he had seen it a few times and thought it was pretty. I don't have any idea as to what the fur prices are at this time as I haven't sold any fur in several years. When doing predator control work any of the prime furs were turned in and put up to be sold at auction with that money going back into the program but most of the problem animals were taken when the furs weren't prime, to stop them from killing livestock.

Other than not having a white tip on its tail it looks like several of the red fox that I have taken. The male fox in my area will go in the 20 - 25 lb. range. Several of the red fox in my area have the darker coloration and lighter hips. In the 70's and early 80's there were several fox farms in this area and the black color as well as what they called fire and ice, a kind of pinkish colored fox, were specialties that were a prized pairing of the red fox and were bred so as to make more of that coloring of fox for the fur market. The black colored was called a blue fox, but they were just a color faze of the red fox and there was also red fox that actually had a black colored cross on their front shoulders, much like donkeys do. I caught one red fox that had snow white legs from the feet up to nearly halfway up its legs. I had it tanned and made into a wall rug for the rancher I got it on, as he had asked me to because he had seen it a few times and thought it was pretty. I don't have any idea as to what the fur prices are at this time as I haven't sold any fur in several years. When doing predator control work any of the prime furs were turned in and put up to be sold at auction with that money going back into the program but most of the problem animals were taken when the furs weren't prime, to stop them from killing livestock.
hi,ive actually had the deep red on the top side and snow white on the underneath including legs i will try and find the photo and send it, and thanks for the reply, Andy Wales

hi,ive actually had the deep red on the top side and snow white on the underneath including legs i will try and find the photo and send it, and thanks for the reply, Andy Wales
heres one but you cant see the full extent of the whole underside white ive had a few like this

Attachments

• 20230727_225600[1].jpg
    20230727_225600[1].jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 34