WRONG GUNS GUYS...be a hunter pls

Kirby, I with you 100%. This is one reason I feel we need a Extended LR forum too. The LR 600~700 yard shots in many cases take a different shooting disiplin and a whole differnt set of criteria than a 1200 to 2000 yrd shot.

Len is considering this for us now as we talked about it last week.

Jeff

That would be one way to get me to shut up. If I had anything to say it would be "Ooooohhh...........I want to do that!" Haha.

ALot of heated debates just start because you have conventional hunters debating long range hunters, there is not alot of middle ground there. Again, both are right, both are wrong but no one will agree who is who!!!

I agree. Been on this site for over 8 years and the overall quality of true long range discussions seems to be declining as an overall percentage of discussions or at least many discussions are diluted by posts that don't really have in mind what long range hunting might mean or is all about due to lack of knowledge/experience or a philosophical bent (most often also due to lack of knowledge and experience in lr) and then the fur starts to fly...and for little reason.

Would sure like to see an ELR forum to hopefully (re)focus many discussions here. Might be helpful.

Would also like to see the above mentioned poll reset so that folks could go back and change their 'longest shot on big game kill'. It might be that the percentages would change a bit.

Just a suggestion or two.

Jon

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.