Wooden Rifle Stock

wilkup

Looking for a company/someone who offers inletted blanks. Was considering a Richards Microfit but all the negative reviews and horror stories have scared me away.
Stock is for a Rem M7.
Hoping for a M40-esque style with a bit of a modern twist.

Last edited:
I'm not scared of Richards micro-fit...I have used a couple with no complaints...you may have to do a little fitting but nothing outlandish...
Good to hear. I really want the option to finish the wood myself but don't want the headache of inletting the stock since I don't have a mill and or skill set to open put together a true handmade wood stock. I can get the material and could cut and shape the stock myself, but inletting would leave me upset and probably with an unusable stock at the end of the day. Lol

Have you ever owned one? What's he charge? They look impressive but with how intricate they are, I wonder if they run more than a Manners/McMillan...

I have one Joel Russo's stocks on a specialty pistol and his prices are in line with other top quality stocks. My fully inletted, unfinished, bubinga stock was about $600. Wood choice and other options would move that price up or down a little bit.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.