Wooden bullets

Pa Grizz

I picked some 6.5 Swedish cartridges at a yard sell this past weekend with wooden bullets,The guy told me the pieces of a wooden bullet was harder to detect and they would cause infections later on.Does anyone know about them?

Sounds like practice bullets. The plastic ones came later. Probably loaded very mild so a new recruit would not immediately develop a flinch. Until shortly before the latest crisis one could get 7.62x51 Nato German ammo with plastic bullets.

I remember seeing a magazine articular on WW2 ammo and the wooden tipped rounds were for when launching rifle grenades instead of using blanks.

I own an original package with wooden bullets (so called "Platzpatronen") in German 8x57IS WWII military rounds produced in 1944. The colour of the bullets was red. These rounds were only used under military manoeuvres/exercises.

I own an original package with wooden bullets (so called "Platzpatronen") in German 8x57IS WWII military rounds produced in 1944. The colour of the bullets was red. These rounds were only used under military manoeuvres/exercises.
I have the original package also.It has 6.5 mm lose patroner M/46 on the box. but the bullets are not colored

Found a pic of the "shredding" adaptor:

L%C3%B6sskjutningsanordning_gev%C3%A4r_m-96B_m-38B_m-41B_-_Arm%C3%A9museum.jpg

I'm just wondering about the thing you call for a shredder. I have a Swedish M/96 rifle from 1924 with threads and those are undoubtly for mounting a riflegrenade - thrower ... BTW, you don't need any shredder for the wooden bullets, because they will be blown apart by passing the grooves. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.