Wonders Optics

cornchuck

Does anyone know anything about Wonders Optics? They have a long range scope that looks good to me and it is not that expensive. Please give feedback if any.

I've had the 4-14 tac model for 3 weeks and really like it, adjustments are accurate and fairly tactile, glass is good, eye relief is good.
Lifetime warrenty and excellent CS. I have used it out to 1015 yrd and in 10+mph winds and it dialed accurately to every distance, and I got the same results dialing or holding windage with the reticle. The reticle is thin enough to shoot at distance but there is enought to keep you opperating during legal hunting hours. I have compared it to a Nikon buckmaster and a Weaver V16 and it was a little better on the glass but the tracking is way better.
He sells out fast!

well i just tried out a new gen 4 and it has no elevation adjustment,we will see about the customer service end now. lets hope for the best..:rolleyes:

Ya shouldn't have any problems. I've spoken to Matt a few times and he has always been eager to help.
Which model did you get, I also have a gen 4 and was torn between the tac and the target.

no caps tight, found that it wasnt fully installed either when i received it. did you notice your cap appears to not be square on the bottom edge mine deviates about 1/8 inch when turning.

Mine wobbles too I've seen this in a couple threads on snipercentral, I'm going to call Matt tomorrow and talk to him. I've played with it quite a bit if you loosen the screws and push it down all the way and leave it loose it spins true, so the potential is there to be perfect but when you tighten the allens they lift the turret up and out of alignment. I know in an e-mail he thought he had the problem solved with the gen 4's.

I shot again today and am still amazed at how accuratly it tracks, you move the turret the bullet will go exactly where it should. I know this isn't out of the norm for the higher end stuff but the weaver it replace doesn't come close to tracking with it. The first time I took it out I took one shot then dialed the changes in then took one more and it was dead zeroed, I have never had a scope that would to that, even the Leupolds I've shot took a couple shots to settle down. I am way more confident dialing this scope than any weaver or leupold I've shot.

Thanks for all the info that has been given. All I have read about Wonder scopes, especially the tacticals have been really good. People seem to like them. But I still have one question to answered and I can't find the answer. How much elevation and windage does the 4-14x50 gen4 have?

80MOA elevation and 60 windage. I'm shooting it on a 20 MOA base and have just over 58MOA left with a 400yrd zero.
I talked to Matt yesterday for over a half hour and he is aware of the turret wobble and had some things for me to check and if I wasn't happy for any reason he'll replace it, no problem. He's not trying to sell this scope for anything more than it is or as some super scope and I really like that, most of the scopes in my financial range are over hyped junk with no tracking or warrenty. If you ever wanted to have input with a scope maker this is your chance he wants to build a quality budget minded product for the shooter.

I like my WOTAC 14-40x50. Here is the Gen 3 on my Tikka .308 Varmint

Tikka308002.jpg

Tikka308001.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.