Wonders or Falcon????

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by joseph, Sep 27, 2009.

1. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

Which are the better scopes? I am looking for a Tactical zoom scope with TMR between approximately 4-20x50mm or 4-14x50mm for long range shooting & hunting out to 1000 yards. Leupold has the VX 3 4.5-20x50mm, but is close to $1000.

Would the Wonder 4-14x50mm scope have enough magnification for me or should I get the Falcon 4.5-18x56mm with the MP-20 reticule? I want it mostly for hunting at long range.

Falcon Menace Optics

WOTAC Rifle Scopes

joseph

2. morhuntin

morhuntin Well-Known Member

regardless of what you pick be assured if there is a problem matt will take care of you,i had a gen 4 and i really like the color definition but it had no elevation right out of the box,called matt he said they were on back order and promtly offered me a loaner, to my suprise a new 4x14 falcon i thought it would be used. shot it tonite too 500 meters, (since its mil /mil ) dialed in nicely 30 rounds down the tube avg 1.5 moa not bad for load development and new scope with an inches and yard guy behind the helm.either 1 will work.gun)

3. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me what the % of light transmission for both the Wonder & Falcon scopes are?

joseph

4. rdsii64

rdsii64 Well-Known Member

The glass quaility of the two are about the same. Some say the Falcon has better knobs.
    In the end. The Wotac has a life time warrantee and the falcons is only 5 years.

I have two wotacs and the have performed flawlessly at 1000 yards.
    I am tempted to get the 5-25-56 ffp from falcon just two try it out.