Wolf kill pics.... Trophy Bull Elk.....

jmden, if it would have been a trophy bull the penalty would have worse, if I remember right it was just shy of being a trophy. Like I said if I remember right it was 2 seasons ago up by Stanley Lake and I think he shot it a day or two after season had closed and didn't have the proper tag and so on. But I think Idaho was pushing for it to be a trophy class bull and then they could have made it a felony or something to that extent. I guess I will have to try and find it again.

Here it is.

Tony Mayer can't hunt or fish in Idaho for poaching big elk-

Finally, and after a trial, Mayer lost his hunting and fish privileges for 3 years, was given a 220-day suspended jail sentence, got put on probation for six years, was ordered to pay $1585 in various court costs, fees, and ID Fish and Game penalties, and has to give 100 hours of community service.
He narrowly escaped a much more severe felony charge for killing an elk that was "trophy" status by agreeing to plead guilty to lesser charges. The judge said he had never seen so many spectators in his courtroom for a misdemeanor charge. No doubt this was because of his web site that worried about elk falling to wolves and him then poaching a big elk.

Here it is.

Tony Mayer can't hunt or fish in Idaho for poaching big elk-

Finally, and after a trial, Mayer lost his hunting and fish privileges for 3 years, was given a 220-day suspended jail sentence, got put on probation for six years, was ordered to pay $1585 in various court costs, fees, and ID Fish and Game penalties, and has to give 100 hours of community service.
He narrowly escaped a much more severe felony charge for killing an elk that was "trophy" status by agreeing to plead guilty to lesser charges. The judge said he had never seen so many spectators in his courtroom for a misdemeanor charge. No doubt this was because of his web site that worried about elk falling to wolves and him then poaching a big elk.

It's possible to be on the right side of an issue and still not be an honorable person!....Rich

mind blowing how a man in Ohio thinks he know best how montana,wyoming,idaho ect should run its state.seems we see alot of that know days.id like to see the western states gov. agencies run by folks that actually have lived in the state most/all their lifelightbulbbet a few things would change.
i dont know a thing about back east big city life,wouldnt claim to know the best way to deal with their gang problems. i bet SSS would work good:D

bman73
Glad you checked in, BC manages a lot of things well. I remember when your dollar was about 50% of ours, now it's worth more! Of course that means I can only visit half as often LOL.

jmden, if it would have been a trophy bull the penalty would have worse, if I remember right it was just shy of being a trophy. Like I said if I remember right it was 2 seasons ago up by Stanley Lake and I think he shot it a day or two after season had closed and didn't have the proper tag and so on. But I think Idaho was pushing for it to be a trophy class bull and then they could have made it a felony or something to that extent. I guess I will have to try and find it again.

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation. My opportunites to harvest a trophy animal are nearly non-existent and so I'm just not wired that way and that may be why I didn't clue in on this. Just happy to get some good meat on the table!

In MT animals have a trophy classification, and if are illegal the cost goes way up. Like a 6pt. bull, they have point count and score classification.

bman73
Glad you checked in, BC manages a lot of things well. I remember when your dollar was about 50% of ours, now it's worth more! Of course that means I can only visit half as often LOL.
well your in luck, now we are back down to par, so feel free to come up here and remove some of our pest annimals lol. Cougars are now becoming a problem where I live so if your bored ....................

Just reading about Russian wolves killing 98 sheep in one night. In that particular area in 2011 stock losses were 4500 head. The increase in wolf population is said to be secondary to stopping poison. They were organizing a hunt, but said opportunistically killing a few a few wolves would not do anything, and return to poison was inevitable. Maybe Peter and the wolf isn't just a fairy tale.gun)

Just reading about Russian wolves killing 98 sheep in one night. In that particular area in 2011 stock losses were 4500 head. The increase in wolf population is said to be secondary to stopping poison. They were organizing a hunt, but said opportunistically killing a few a few wolves would not do anything, and return to poison was inevitable. Maybe Peter and the wolf isn't just a fairy tale.gun)

I thought only old guys like me remembered Peter and the wolf:D......rich

Lobo Watch - Wolf News

Watch the entire "Crying Wolf" movie and learn one reason why extreme environmental groups keep suing the government.

The EAJA has got to go or be changed significantly. Taxpayers are 're-paying' (often charged at exorbitant rates) the legal fees of these extreme environmental groups. Why wouldn't they keep suing?! They take their cases to handpicked judges they know will by sympathetic to their cause and then taxpayers pay them back their legal fees when they win.

Not to mention the wolf marketing has raised more money for these groups than any other species. No wonder they fight so hard. The wolf has been a tremendous money maker for them.

"A revised recovery plan was approved by the Service in 1987 (Service 1987). It identified a recovered wolf population as being at least 10 breeding pairs of wolves, for 3 consecutive years, in each of 3 recovery areas (northwestern Montana, central Idaho, and Yellowstone). A population of this size would be comprised of about 300 wolves. The plan recommended natural recovery in Montana and Idaho. If two wolf packs did not become established in central Idaho within 5 years, the plan recommended that conservation measures other than natural recovery be considered. The plan recommended use of the Act's section 10(j) authority to reintroduce experimental wolves in the Park. By establishing a nonessential experimental population, more liberal management practices may be implemented to address potential negative impacts or concerns regarding the reintroduction."

"The reintroduction plan for the Park should help in achieving wolf recovery goals 20 years sooner than under current natural recovery policy. Because reintroduced gray wolves will be classified as a nonessential experimental population, the Service's management practices can reduce local concerns about excessive government regulation of private lands, uncontrolled livestock depredations, excessive big game predation, and the lack of State government involvement in the program."

Really...?

This, from a couple of paragraphs from the 'NORTHERN ROCKY MOUNTAIN GRAY WOLF FINAL RULE 1994. This is the "Deal" which allowed the Establishment of a Nonessential Experimental Population of Gray Wolves in Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana
Edward E. Bangs, - Effective Date: 11/18/94.'

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.