Wolf kill pics.... Trophy Bull Elk.....

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Sendero_Man, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

This 6x8 bull was killed a week ago up wolf creek which is 30 miles out of Libby , MT.

Two wolves killed it, ate a bite or two of meat and left, they never did come back.

3rd picture shows where the bull had “hooked” a wolf with his antlers and had thrown him out into the snow.

A local logger saw the blood and tracks on the road going to their job and followed the blood to the dead bull.

He fought hard. This shows that two wolves can kill a bull that’s in his prime.

Goes to show you how bad wolves really are. More proof that wolves do in fact kill for fun!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

What a waste of a really nice bull elk.:mad:

I don't think it was woofs. I think it was BIG coyotes.:rolleyes: And we all know that BIG coyotes are legal to shoot:);):) SSS

3. michael A.

michael A. Well-Known Member

i think coyote season is open all year too :)gun)gun)very sad to see the waste :mad:

4. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

Bummer. Did you at least get to keep the antlers? I am a little suprised they did not eat more.

I don't know that much about wolves. Do they leave a kill and come back to it later or days later?

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Timely post!

I was just getting my attitude in order and bam upside da head.....again.:mad:

6. jjmp

jjmp Well-Known Member

this is Very sad!!! wolfs live for the CHASE

7. Gary Kaney

Gary Kaney Well-Known Member

Wolf Kill Pics

Pick up a Great Falls Tribune Sunday paper and it will give you a good insight about that pack of wolves.

8. sniperVLS

sniperVLS Well-Known Member

I wouldn't believe it until actually seeing it like this. Those big dogs will become prolific like coyotes sooner than we all think.

9. Rustystud

Rustystud Well-Known Member

Wolves

I watched 6 wolves kill a full grown moose in about 20 minutes. It was a blood curdling observation. I was bow hunting in northern Alberta, and it was 30 below. Those wolves were completely in their element. They killed with speed and presision. That day wolves grew on my respect list to the same stature as Grizzly/Brown bears. Black bears are not far behind them on my list either. I watched a boar black bear kill to black bear cubs one day ant it was a horific sceen to see those cubs torn apart.
    Rustystud

10. sniperVLS

sniperVLS Well-Known Member

Don't know if I could watch that without getting pissed off a bit :(

11. Troutslayer

Troutslayer Well-Known Member

Those antlers should have pulled right off of him. Did you try that? It would be legal to keep them I think.

12. FRANK21

FRANK21 Well-Known Member

I agree.

13. Strick9

Strick9 Well-Known Member

As we view the pics it does appear to be a waste,,but Mother Nature has her ways and someone will feed well off that carcass..I would like to hear more about that specific pack..sounds like they need some thinning for sure..

14. michael A.

michael A. Well-Known Member

i was woundering if anyone has seen or heard of wolves in WA? are the wolves in MTand ID the canada black wolves?