Wolf kill pics.... Trophy Bull Elk.....

Sendero_Man

This 6x8 bull was killed a week ago up wolf creek which is 30 miles out of Libby , MT.

Two wolves killed it, ate a bite or two of meat and left, they never did come back.

3rd picture shows where the bull had "hooked" a wolf with his antlers and had thrown him out into the snow.

A local logger saw the blood and tracks on the road going to their job and followed the blood to the dead bull.

He fought hard. This shows that two wolves can kill a bull that's in his prime.

Goes to show you how bad wolves really are. More proof that wolves do in fact kill for fun!

winter2008_029.jpg

winter2008_031.jpg

winter2008_032.jpg

winter2008_030.jpg

winter2008_035.jpg

What a waste of a really nice bull elk.:mad:

I don't think it was woofs. I think it was BIG coyotes.:rolleyes: And we all know that BIG coyotes are legal to shoot:);):) SSS

Bummer. Did you at least get to keep the antlers? I am a little suprised they did not eat more.

I don't know that much about wolves. Do they leave a kill and come back to it later or days later?

Wolf Kill Pics

Pick up a Great Falls Tribune Sunday paper and it will give you a good insight about that pack of wolves.

I wouldn't believe it until actually seeing it like this. Those big dogs will become prolific like coyotes sooner than we all think.

Wolves

I watched 6 wolves kill a full grown moose in about 20 minutes. It was a blood curdling observation. I was bow hunting in northern Alberta, and it was 30 below. Those wolves were completely in their element. They killed with speed and presision. That day wolves grew on my respect list to the same stature as Grizzly/Brown bears. Black bears are not far behind them on my list either. I watched a boar black bear kill to black bear cubs one day ant it was a horific sceen to see those cubs torn apart.
Rustystud

I watched 6 wolves kill a full grown moose in about 20 minutes. It was a blood curdling observation. I was bow hunting in northern Alberta, and it was 30 below. Those wolves were completely in their element. They killed with speed and presision. That day wolves grew on my respect list to the same stature as Grizzly/Brown bears. Black bears are not far behind them on my list either. I watched a boar black bear kill to black bear cubs one day and it was a horrific scene to see those cubs torn apart.
Rustystud

Don't know if I could watch that without getting ****ed off a bit :(

As we view the pics it does appear to be a waste,,but Mother Nature has her ways and someone will feed well off that carcass..I would like to hear more about that specific pack..sounds like they need some thinning for sure..

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.