Winchester 780

Truc

Just wondering if anyone is using this powder, and what your results were, favorable or not for accuracy. I was going to try it in my 7 SAUM w/ Winchester Mag Primers

I loaded it in a friends 270 Winchester. 55.0gr's in RP brass, CCI LR primers, 150 gr Hornady SST's, seated at 3.285". I haven't put many down the tube yet, wanted to simply do a function check to make sure it would shoot, as I had a little trouble reloading it to start. Everything worked out well, no chrono yet, but simple accuracy tests were promising. I need to stretch it out a little bit, find out if I want to continue going this route for the rifle. Meters phenomenally, very consistent. More testing will be done, but it is for a factory rifle, completely bone stock. Its a Ruger All American.

Seth

I loaded it in a 6mm-284 shooting 105 A-Maxes at about 3200 if I remember correctly and accuracy was very good. I didn't put it on much paper but it did well to past 800 yards on prairie dogs this summer.

I tried it in my 7STW and 300 WSM.As far as I could tell,it shot the same point of impact in those rifles loaded with Reloader-22 and the velocities were also about the same.Accuracy was very good.

Thanks guys, I just bought 4 pounds and really like the fact it meters through my Harrel's powder measure within .1 gr.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts