winchester xpr

I don't know why it wouldn't be "good enough". The caliber he choose (300 wm) is a great caliber for the yardage you mention. It will have plenty of energy left at the distance you asked about to take most any game animal, excluding elephant or a couple other large African animals etc. What is the intended use for this rifle, hunting or targets?

Best way to find out is of course to shoot it at 500-600 yds and see how it groups. Best of luck with the rifle!!

the caliber is great for those distances.

Doubt comes with rifle.as it is a very low price rifle,I do not know if will make good groups,
and will have good accuracy.
the rifle he wants to hunt and target shooting ever.

thanks for your answer

I have never shot one. I will see if I can find some reviews on that rifle in that caliber. As you know all rifles, even those of same make and model, seldom shoot exactly the same.

That Winchester xpr is made by FN Herstal in Belgium. They also make Brownings, FN has been around a long time and make some of the best firearms in the world. That said, IMO, I don't think he can go wrong with a Winchester xpr. And a 300 wm 5 or 600 yards should be easy enough.

with the rifle ready to shoot, press several times the safe and shooting only.

There is a video on youtube.
I think the problem is solved

with the rifle ready to shoot, press several times the safe and shooting only.

There is a video on youtube.
I think the problem is solved

If a certain rifle is affected, the rifle MUST be sent to their service facility. To find out, go to their website under recall information and enter the rifle's serial number.

I am getting ready to customize the same gun. It has about 500 rounds through it. Mostly 208 grain a-max. Uh my load is 71.5 grains of r22. I don't have a chrono but about 2900. Average group is about an inch. Best was .453.
I changed the stock on mine. Boyds makes nice laminate replacement for it. Bout 30 minutes with a dremel and sandpaper it slid right in. Shoots as good as a howa, and savage that guys I shoot with have. Good gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.