Win model 70 in 325WSM

• Thread starter Deleted member 107796
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107796

Anybody reload for one of these? The off the shelf Winchester 200gn AccubondCT has been shooting well and my first pass at reloading 180gn GMX did not group so well. I went with 200gn Accubond and it roughly matched the OTS ammo. I was wondering if folks have went with a heavier bullet or if something other than the IMR4350 does well for them. thanks

The 200 AB has been a good killer in my dads 325 (same rifle as you). I think he uses h380 powder.... he has not taken the time to find an accurate load (1.5-2moa currently) but has killed several elk ad several deer with it. it hits hard

Yes, that's about what I'm getting so wouldn't I call the grouping, "excellent" but that Accubond is flying pretty well and I'm sure it's a killer. I think we will be able to dial something in... I've tried the 195gn Hornady Interlock when my friend shot mine at the range and he doubled the first 2 shots of 3, so well see.

Other than the lack of 8mm bullet offerings, I love the fit and finish of this camo stocked, SS model 70. It is a work of art and shoots very nicely.

I run the 200ab or the barnes 160ttsx. Both have ben very effective for me, the 160 def steps the speeds up.

There are actually quite a few 8mm bullets out there barnes, hornady, nosler, sierra all make more than one bullet in 8mm. Thats tsx, ttsx, accubond, partition, gamekings, sst, gmx, ced makes a MTH copper bullet, matrix also makes a few bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.