.325wsm?

ishootkittens

okay guys. I have been looking at a .325wsm and I really like the BC and the amount of knockdown power... plus it kicks less than a .338! But I also looked at some of the ammo costs! 57 dollars for a box of 20! GEEZ im not made of money.

so first question. Will I save money by reloading the .325wsm and if so???

I want to know EVERYTHING about reloading it! CASE LENGTH, POWDER, PRIMERS, OAL, BEST BULLETS... etc etc etc

any help or advice would be most appreciated. Im at a crossroad! I need some assistance haha. Thank you all so much for being patient and helpful!

This is my go to load:

Winchester Brass
Sierra 220gr BT
61.0gr H4350
CCI Magnum Primer
COL: 2.86

Velocity out of my 24" barrel is about 2600fps. Accuracy is sub-moa out to 500 yards, my last 200m zeroing group came in at .341" the one before that was 2.1". This load has worked extremely well on deer, elk and moose.

I just got some 160gr TTSX's that i will try for fun as well.

I feel your pain as iI have a 325. If I did not reload, I could not afford to shoot it. Yes you will save a ton of money. There are some download programs that will calculate your costs based on powder price/primers/brass etc. I don't recall exactly but you'll save near 40/box over store bought. Minus cost of loader/ dies etc.

Plus you'll be able to work up a load that works better then over the counter ammo. Well, at least I have.

You think that is bad, my 340 WM,$90+ BOX, their supermags $130-40. Of course you will save reloading. I have shot barnes 180 tsx and 200NAB out of my 325 , imr and H 4350

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.