Win. Mod 70 Stealth in 300wsm

Centre Punch

I am the pround owner of the Mod 70 Stealth in 300wsm that Brit mentioned back in july.It has controlled round feed,24" heavy barrel measuring .930" at the muzzle and an HS Precision stock. With scope,mounts and bipod it has an all up weight just short of 15lbs, not the sort of thing you want to lug up a hill, but shoots sub 1/2 moa of the bench with carefull handloads.I understand that this rifle is a rarity in the USA.I would very gratefull if anyone could shed as to its origin.

Punch,
I know a fellow at Winchester/Browning, will send him a note and ask about your CRF Stealth. Our Stealths are all push-feed in the .308 Win. and they shoot extremely well.

I have one of the new "Controled Round Feed Push Feeds" or whatever they call the new hybid action, chambered for the .223 WSSM. This is in the Stealth ll and it is a nice rifle, would prefer it in .308 Win. tho.

Will get back to you when I hear from the factory guy - this happens to be very interesting to me.

Ian M. Thanks for that. I look forward to hearing from you. Brit mentioned to me that you might be interested in a photo,these will be available as soon as i have worked out how to process my digital images.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.