Wildcat bullets

Crane

Sent Richard a couple of emails that haven't been replied to; anyone got hold of him recently? Before anyone chimes in accusing me of doggin' Richard don't waste your time. I just want to place an order for some 169.5gr .277 bullets. Seems they're hard to get these days. Kind of frustrating considering I had a rifle built with the cartridge it's chambered for designed around this bullet.

How are those 150gr Bergers working out? I guess that's the go-to bullet otherwise.

Sent Richard a couple of emails that haven't been replied to; anyone got hold of him recently? Before anyone chimes in accusing me of doggin' Richard don't waste your time. I just want to place an order for some 169.5gr .277 bullets. Seems they're hard to get these days. Kind of frustrating considering I had a rifle built with the cartridge it's chambered for designed around this bullet.

How are those 150gr Bergers working out? I guess that's the go-to bullet otherwise.

I hear ya!

I'm in the same shape.

However, I did touch bases with him the other day and he indicated that he needed a break in some other activities to get a large back order of the 169s filled.

I have several hundred in that order.

If you don't get your order in, I'd gladly share a box, when they get here.

RE: Bergers

Depending on your bore design they may or may not work.

The Bergers won't work in my 3 groove Lilja that is several years old by now.

If you have a different bore they may work but velocity will have to be kept down quite a bit.

140 Accubonds were recommended but I had a bunch of 150 Nosler Ballistic tips on hand and they work very well.

Thanks much Roy, really appreciate it. My Rock barrel is the 5R, 1 in 8.7 twist. I think it might be a little easier on those Bergers.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.