Wife asks " Why do you drive so far to hunt turkeys?"

Muddyboots

I guess I really don't have an answer for that since this one tried to come up onto porch this morning.;)
IMG_2403.JPG

You prepare all year, drive for hours, set up camp, wakeup at the crack of dawn, walk and call for days, dont see a darn thing except hunters, crow and bugs-- then you see a ton of them on the way home-- that's usually the description of most of my hunting trips. Why they call it "hunting" not "shooting"

I got a friend that raises buffalo, he goes out every day to feed them, when he does he puts a little bit of dried corn in a tin can and shakes it-- best Turkey call ever, 20 come running out from the woods every time-- I still haven't convinced him to let me hunt them on his property, says it will spook the buffalo -- told him id bring my bow, still wont let me come over, I think he has named each one.

In the 1940's the eastern wild turkey was in about 12 states. Now the number is about 30. They appear to be pushing other birds west there's already instances of hybrid turkeys. Reports of them feeding at bird feeders are quite common now.

Take a look at the map link below.

:

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Why shoot it, down here in the great south pacific, we wait until they settle in for the night, go out, make a gobbling sound and watch them stick there heads up, and "Hey Presto" the old hedge clippers, have a new use. Works well and you dont upset the neighbors with all that nasty gun-fire. 🙃

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.