Where are you hunting turkeys this year.

I'll be bowhunting turkey on Beale AFB in California. I LOVE turkey hunting...and with a bow, it makes it much more rewarding.

Washington and Greene Co. in Tennessee. Scott, Wise, Bedford, Highland in Virginia. My wife and I hunt together most days. I've got a grandson who can hunt next year, can't wait. He goes out now when we use a blind, but can't shoot yet.

Since yall revived the thread I was hunting in Gadsden County Fl. but I tagged out my fourth day. I killed a 3yr old bird with a 9in beard and 1in spurs opening morning then 4 days later I got attackted by 2 jakes and a 4yr old bird with an 11.25 in beard and 1 1/2 in. spurs. I watched that Tom strut for a solid 45 mins at 50 to 60 yds and just didnt feel comfortable taking a shot that long so I cut at him once and he gobbled at me four times and then started his move he stepped within 45 yds and thats all it took my 3" #5 Winchesters just graveyarded him right there.

Takin a 11 yr. old boy on his first turkey hunt tommorow in upstate south carolina. Got 2 long beards with 10 to 12 inch beards and 2 with 8 to 10 inch beards we are hunting, and I know where they roost every night and go to to feed first thing to feed. I am hoping he gets one of the long beards.

Two toms with 10 in. beards so far. spurs were 1 in and 1.25 in. one small jake because he was in front of me for 30 min and even stayed after I shot the first tom.

Just returned from a turkey hunting trip near Salina, Kansas. Hunted with 3 of my sons. Took two birds and had a great time. My youngest son (Brian 23 years old) took the first bird 15 minutes into our hunt. I took a bird the last evening of our trip (5 days later).

Turkey season starts Wednesday April 25th for me, so a couple more days and it will be open!! I cannot wait! got a couple new toys to test out this year for turkey. First is a Browning Maxus with a Carlson choke, and number two is the newest addition and hobby, a Mathews Z7 Extreme 64lbs draw, good out too 40 yards! hopefully will get my first bow kill!

Ill be hunting southern Ontario

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.