Why 1:11 twist for 30-06?

Maybe I am missing something. But wouldn't Sako be imported, not exported, into the US?

Maybe I am missing something. But wouldn't Sako be imported, not exported, into the US?

O you missing a lot!! Especially the "manning up when wrong" as you directed others to do here.

Let me try to make this even more clearer for you....

1970 rifles imported into the USA by Beretta USA Corp for 2015 (Does not matter if you "think" they sell more than that, this number is a verifiable FACT due to imposed mandates by Government Agency that issues their license to do business). Once they clear US Customs Beretta USA Corp becomes the manufacturer on file.

28 rifles were exported from the USA by Beretta USA Corp for 2015. This means Beretta USA Corp submitted a DSP-5 to the US Department of State for the permanent exportation of a firearm. There are more reasons that I will list as to why Beretta USA Corp would want and indeed did export 28 rifles in 2015.

Your "links" mean nothing in regards to "facts". The BATFE regulates, mandates and enforces what and when a firearms manufacturer must do and report. Their facts overrule your "links" all day long.

Channeling some BAU education..... You seem to have become emotionally drunk due to a financial investment. You are seeking validation for your "expensive" purchase and have allowed that to cloud your thought process in regards to attempting to debate facts with your "thinking" and debate prove-able facts with your "internet" facts.

THEIS

O yl

Channeling some BAU education..... You seem to have become emotionally drunk due to a financial investment. You are seeking validation for your "expensive" purchase and have allowed that to cloud your thought process in regards to attempting to debate facts with your "thinking" and debate prove-able facts with your "internet" facts.

THEIS
You sure do need to learn how to read.

I do not own a Sako or tikka.

I will read your link again on a full size screen. But what I read was guns manufactory in the us and exported. Not imported. Importing would be guns made in Finland and sold in US.

I have put up 2 separate links saying they sell over 35k in the US. Not export.

Hello,

My ducks are

ALL firearms imported into the USA are considered "manufactured" here once they clear US Customs.

View attachment 75135

THEIS

Going have to research this. Having trouble believing this when I find 2 links that say import 35k. Just doesn't make sense. Maybe there is some legalese I am missing. But the guns still day made in finnland.

Well, I have been following this thread waiting for the answer to the question and It has gotten off tract and so in my opinion, the answer is, It doesn't have an answer, just an opinion.

There is nothing wrong with a 1 in 11 twist in a 30/06,Also there is nothing wrong with a 1 in 10 twist, and in certain applications, there is nothing wrong with other twist for the 30/06 depending on need and use.

It all boils down to what you want based on bullet weight, game hunted, velocity, bullet design, barrel length, Barrel contour, and other variables. There is no one perfect twist rate. there are ideal twist rates for all around use and this is the reason most barrel makers offer there barrel in different twist rates for the same caliber.

Just because I happen to like a particular twist rate for a caliber doesn't mean that for a different cartridge in the same caliber I won't chose a different twist rate.

I have 4 different rifles. in 3 different cartridges, with 4 different twist rates in .224 Dia.(1 in 8, 1 in 9, 1 in 12 and 1 in 15) and they all shoot less than 1/4 MOA.

People pick different twist rates based on there needs. so if someone doesn't like or agree that another twist rate has a place for a particular cartridge, they don't have to buy a rifle/barrel with that rate. Barrel/rifle makers have many reasons for choosing the twist rate for there products and have to live with there decision.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Well, I have been following this thread waiting for the answer to the question and It has gotten off tract and so in my opinion, the answer is, It doesn't have an answer, just an opinion.

There is nothing wrong with a 1 in 11 twist in a 30/06,Also there is nothing wrong with a 1 in 10 twist, and in certain applications, there is nothing wrong with other twist for the 30/06 depending on need and use.

It all boils down to what you want based on bullet weight, game hunted, velocity, bullet design, barrel length, Barrel contour, and other variables. There is no one perfect twist rate. there are ideal twist rates for all around use and this is the reason most barrel makers offer there barrel in different twist rates for the same caliber.

Just because I happen to like a particular twist rate for a caliber doesn't mean that for a different cartridge in the same caliber I won't chose a different twist rate.

I have 4 different rifles. in 3 different cartridges, with 4 different twist rates in .224 Dia.(1 in 8, 1 in 9, 1 in 12 and 1 in 15) and they all shoot less than 1/4 MOA.

People pick different twist rates based on there needs. so if someone doesn't like or agree that another twist rate has a place for a particular cartridge, they don't have to buy a rifle/barrel with that rate. Barrel/rifle makers have many reasons for choosing the twist rate for there products and have to live with there decision.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

I think several of us tried to say this. Probably not as well. We will see if the Zerk gets this.

Steve

I will read your link again on a full size screen. But what I read was guns manufactory in the us and exported. Not imported. Importing would be guns made in Finland and sold in US.

I have put up 2 separate links saying they sell over 35k in the US. Not export.

IMPORTED into the USA becomes "Manufactured" in legalese per the BATFE!!

So throw out the difference of Imported, Manufactured and Sold in your head.
You cannot have a "sale" without having a "manufactured" so for the 3rd time the BATFE data is the FACTUAL data, not your 3rd party links that I can prove incorrect real fast.

For example..lets use your statistca link..it says 50481 firearms were imported into the USA from Finland in 2015..
BUT the USA Agency in charge of licensing, regulating and enforcing firearms policy and laws in the USA says that Beretta USA Corp "manufactured through import legalese" 94183 pistols in 2015 and you cannot use the excuse as to that additional amount was manufactured at the Tennessee facility because it was not opened yet.

So link #1 of yours is WRONG already.
Link #2 of yours is from 2011 and wrong too, since the BATFE documents are certified and proven figures and not some internet article that is written to promote and not required to state full truth facts..it sorta like car manufactures telling you that such and such vehicle gets x amount of miles per gallon but when you compare those numbers to TRUE numbers reported to EPA they are very different. One set of those numbers is advertising and one set of those numbers is legal precedence.

THEIS

I think several of us tried to say this. Probably not as well. We will see if the Zerk gets this.

Steve

***????? I have said this from the beginning. I never said 1:11 was perfect twist. I asked what bullet they were billing it for. I attached berger bullets reference for twist and grain.

Get through to me?????

IMPORTED into the USA becomes "Manufactured" in legalese per the BATFE!!

So throw out the difference of Imported, Manufactured and Sold in your head.
You cannot have a "sale" without having a "manufactured" so for the 3rd time the BATFE data is the FACTUAL data, not your 3rd party links that I can prove incorrect real fast.

For example..lets use your statistca link..it says 50481 firearms were imported into the USA from Finland in 2015..
BUT the USA Agency in charge of licensing, regulating and enforcing firearms policy and laws in the USA says that Beretta USA Corp "manufactured through import legalese" 94183 pistols in 2015 and you cannot use the excuse as to that additional amount was manufactured at the Tennessee facility because it was not opened yet.

So link #1 of yours is WRONG already.
Link #2 of yours is from 2011 and wrong too, since the BATFE documents are certified and proven figures and not some internet article that is written to promote and not required to state full truth facts..it sorta like car manufactures telling you that such and such vehicle gets x amount of miles per gallon but when you compare those numbers to TRUE numbers reported to EPA they are very different. One set of those numbers is advertising and one set of those numbers is legal precedence.

THEIS
Why would they lie? By such a big difference? So there are zero gins imported into US according to you?

Why would they lie? By such a big difference? So there are zero gins imported into US according to you?

HOLY **** BATMAN!!!

Who do you think is more prone to be lying?
The BATFE?
The Manufacturer to the BATFE?
Your blog article written by someone that gets paid per advertisement clicks?
Your statistics link?

I have SHOWN you legal proof that 1970 rifles were imported into the USA by Beretta USA Corp and that 94183 pistols were imported into the USA by Beretta USA Corp in 2015.

I cannot tell you why your chosen credit sources would lie so much but it is crystal clear they have/are because there isn't a firearms manufacturer that is going to lie to the BATFE on their annual manufacturing report and the BATFE is not going to lie in regards to numbers the manufacturers say were manufactured/imported because that report is in accordance and compliance of the Trade Secrets Act.

THEIS

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.