Why 1:11 twist for 30-06?

Actually I read the US is their biggest customer.

Which I would believe, when.you look how restrictive gun ownership is, in Europe. Plus we have a lot of wide open spaces for high power rifles

I doubt that (import tariff/laws), but regardless, it does not change the fact that it is still their corporate decision to generate 1:11" twist barrel ... PERIOD!

Even snowflakes are the same thing...Frozen Dihydrogen Monoxide crystals. But they are still each unique...Just like rifles and chambers.

Just because the both say .30-06 Sprg. on the side, does not mean what works in yours will work in mine, or vice-versa. You really need to open your mind, and once you realize that you don't know everything you know, only then can you truly begin to understand how this all works. We're not trying to hide information from you, were just trying to keep you from blowing yourself up, or hurting someone else, and then blaming us, because it is glaringly obvious you are a newbie to this stuff, or seem to have a hard time comprehending the excellent advice given by many very knowledgeable people.

Blow myself up by using published loads and working up charge?

I said manynti many times you need to tweet loads for individual rifles. But be real, there commonality. There is a reason why some powders are popular for certain cartidged.

All I asked was what load he was using. There are website dedicated to sharing loads. I doubt from.prison. if he is exceeding max loads, he just could have said that. Could have said I don't want to say because above max, I safely worked up to it, but may not work in.your gun. But to say I am going to blow up and sue him is one of the stupidest things I have heard. Especially if it was in published load limits. If it was, then this is ridiculous. As I said I could understand if over tested max by manuals.

But where people come thinking I am just going to take some guys word for it and load it up is crazy too. I got 3 Lyman. Speer, Hornaday lee,, nose data, and one load books for all my cartidges. I think it is useful to ask around. I think there is a value if certain powders come up a lot

If I had time and money I would buy 20 or more powders and ladder test through them all. But so far I have been happy with suggestions from Lyman, nosler, and what I read on forums. I log everything. Sit down after a range session and measure holes. Make diagrams in my book.

I was just curious because 2900 is faster than any powder in my manuals. I can probably go to the companies website and see. Lee has lots of brands in boom too. Maybe some if the odd stuff in one load book too.

I think it makes people feel like rocket scientist to act this way.

I doubt that (import tariff/laws), but regardless, it does not change the fact that it is still their corporate decision to generate 1:11" twist barrel ... PERIOD!

Google it for yourself. Make an effort instead of pulling it out if your rump.

But I believe. Americans like guns. Gun shops are full of foreign stuff. Good and bad. Tons of cheap Brazilian guns. Tariff doesn't bother them.

Not to mention. All the brownings running around US.

So not sure how you can even support your claim with logic.

Read US biggest customer.

Make an effort. I am I an as shoe for correcting your assumption, by making an effort and looking it up? Ya, I am the jerk here.

Finnish firepower from Sako

I know it makes me ads hole for putting.up facts, or at least one sites data. But according to this site, US consumes half of Sako's production. I can't verify this. But it is more than feelings.

Finnish firepower from Sako

I know it makes me ads hole for putting.up facts, or at least one sites data. But according to this site, US consumes half of Sako's production. I can't verify this. But it is more than feelings.

LOLOLOL...well since you asked about facts AND I just so happen to specialize in these facts for the USA Government and International Governments....

The Beretta USA Corp whom imports ALL Sako AND Tikka products into the USA only imported aka manufactured for the USA market a grand total of 1970 rifles in the year 2015 (That is last year the data has been released for public dissemination .

Feel free to check the BATFE Annual Firearms Manufactured and Exported Report...Beretta USA Corp is on page 44

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/undefined/afmer-2015-final/download

THEIS

Last edited:
Google it for yourself. Make an effort instead of pulling it out if your rump.

But I believe. Americans like guns. Gun shops are full of foreign stuff. Good and bad. Tons of cheap Brazilian guns. Tariff doesn't bother them.

Not to mention. All the brownings running around US.

So not sure how you can even support your claim with logic.

Read US biggest customer.

Make an effort. I am I an as shoe for correcting your assumption, by making an effort and looking it up? Ya, I am the jerk here.

You Sir is officially more than a**hole and calling yourself a jerk is an understatement esp. when members are trying to help you out. What you googled is NOT an official statement from their official site. And as stated even if it is, the twist rate for the barrel in question is still 1:11" ... deal with it or google your life away because SAKO will NEVER change the twist for you.

Blow myself up by using published loads and working up charge?

I said manynti many times you need to tweet loads for individual rifles. But be real, there commonality. There is a reason why some powders are popular for certain cartidged.

All I asked was what load he was using. There are website dedicated to sharing loads. I doubt from.prison. if he is exceeding max loads, he just could have said that. Could have said I don't want to say because above max, I safely worked up to it, but may not work in.your gun. But to say I am going to blow up and sue him is one of the stupidest things I have heard. Especially if it was in published load limits. If it was, then this is ridiculous. As I said I could understand if over tested max by manuals.

But where people come thinking I am just going to take some guys word for it and load it up is crazy too. I got 3 Lyman. Speer, Hornaday lee,, nose data, and one load books for all my cartidges. I think it is useful to ask around. I think there is a value if certain powders come up a lot

If I had time and money I would buy 20 or more powders and ladder test through them all. But so far I have been happy with suggestions from Lyman, nosler, and what I read on forums. I log everything. Sit down after a range session and measure holes. Make diagrams in my book.

I was just curious because 2900 is faster than any powder in my manuals. I can probably go to the companies website and see. Lee has lots of brands in boom too. Maybe some if the odd stuff in one load book too.

I think it makes people feel like rocket scientist to act this way.

We almost have to add a disclaimer these days because of the stupidity that is running rampant in the world. And anyone can sue anyone for whatever frivolous bullcrap the want, and most likely will win from the crooked justice system.

It's not about feeling superior in any way. I was also talking about loading for a totally different cartridge. I load for a .30-06 AI (Ackley Improved). It is not the same as a .30-06 Springfield. If you try to load for a .30-06 AI cartridge in your standard .30-06 Sprg, you WILL blow up your rifle...Which could harm you, or someone around you. It's a fact...It's happened. The AI version holds about 5+ grains more powder. Which will send your standard '06 WAY WAY WAY over pressure.

You will not see those types of velocities I posted in a standard .30-06 Sprg...Even with that powder and bullet combination. This is why I did not post load data. They are 2 different cartridges. If I gave you the load data for mine, it would blow your rifle up. It's that simple. Which is why I did not give a powder charge.

LOLOLOL...well since you asked about facts AND I just so happen to specialize in these facts for the USA Government and International Governments....

The Beretta USA Corp whom imports ALL Sako AND Tikka products into the USA only imported aka manufactured for the USA market a grand total of 1970 rifles in the year 2015 (That is last year the data has been released for public dissemination .

Feel free to check the BATFE Annual Firearms Manufactured and Exported Report...Beretta USA Corp is on page 44

THEIS

lightbulbBAM!lightbulb

THEIS

I know their is different parts of Beretta as they own Benelli and others besides Sako/Tikka. They do have US plant

Beretta is opening new gun factory in Tennessee - Apr. 12, 2016

Here's Why Beretta is Leaving Maryland for Tennessee

It's shame we have to get down to a level trying to how many rifle are made.

And as stated even if it is, the twist rate for the barrel in question is still 1:11" ... deal with it or google your life away because SAKO will NEVER change the twist for you.

?????????? All I wanted to know was what bullet they built them for. Where do you get off thinking I want them to change.

We almost have to add a disclaimer these days because of the stupidity that is running rampant in the world. And anyone can sue anyone for whatever frivolous bullcrap the want, and most likely will win from the crooked justice system.

It's not about feeling superior in any way. I was also talking about loading for a totally different cartridge. I load for a .30-06 AI (Ackley Improved). It is not the same as a .30-06 Springfield. If you try to load for a .30-06 AI cartridge in your standard .30-06 Sprg, you WILL blow up your rifle...Which could harm you, or someone around you. It's a fact...It's happened. The AI version holds about 5+ grains more powder. Which will send your standard '06 WAY WAY WAY over pressure.

You will not see those types of velocities I posted in a standard .30-06 Sprg...Even with that powder and bullet combination. This is why I did not post load data. They are 2 different cartridges. If I gave you the load data for mine, it would blow your rifle up. It's that simple. Which is why I did not give a powder charge.
My mistake, I missed AI. But I still think this is silly drama queen stuff. You act like I am going to just load it up cause you said you use it.

Not sure how many more time I can write it. I bunch of manuals, and was just curious if there was a load I wasn't trying that you had good look with. For crying our load.

I call bs to this drama about getting sued. How many loads can you find discussed on internet? I can think of at least one site dedicated to people sharing, loads, and what gun they used.

It makes good research to see what others are doing and not reinvent the wheel. Doesn't mean I am.not going to look up starting and max grain.

I really do think it just makes people feel good like they are rocket scienrist.

Not sure how this gets so blown up.

There are a great deal if powder that will work in 30-06. But some are better than others. Just wondering if some newer powder was ou there

THEIS
Finland would be importing into the United States. If they exported 1970, that would mean they were made in US and sold in another country.

THEIS
Gun Imports in 2010 - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog

In 2010 Finland IMPORTED 26k rifles into the USA. Guessing most of those are,Tikka and Sako.

Come 1970,, Cabelas probably Sella more than that. I may be ab ******* but at least I keep my **** straight.

Don't worry I don't expect an oops I made a mistake. You should apologize to your cheer leader though.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.