Whole House Power Systems

I agree with comfisherman diesel is the way to go fuel can sit in the tank a looong time and still work. Propane is more expensive and doesn't last long and trying to get a tank truck in to fill it up could be a problem.
After hurricane Harvey went through south Texas was without power for 5 days parents were without for 7 days.

Yeah, I currently have a 500 gal propane tank for primary fuel for heating. If I decide to go this route may increase to 1,000 gal tank.

Yeah, I currently have a 500 gal propane tank for primary fuel for heating. If I decide to go this route may increase to 1,000 gal tank.

My brother has a bit of a "prepper" mentality. When he built his lakeside home in VA he had two, 1,000 gal propane tanks buried under the lawn. He said that you get deliveries when the price is exceptionally low and you're good to go for a long time. But the guy who delivered his last load said that 2,000gal of propane would last well beyond the life of my brother. No further deliveries needed!! 🤣 🤣 🤣