Which three must have calibers.

Agree about the .30-06. I would forget the .308. Instead consider a 7mm 08 which is faster and flatter and still lots of cartridges on the shelf. .260 Rem outshoots the 6.5 Creed. For long distances I love my .338 Lapua from HS Precision.

Agree about the .30-06. I would forget the .308. Instead consider a 7mm 08 which is faster and flatter and still lots of cartridges on the shelf. .260 Rem outshoots the 6.5 Creed. For long distances I love my .338 Lapua from HS Precision.
Pure blasphemy. If certain creedmoor followers would see that they will burn you at the stake . But it is the truth hahahah

This is opening a can of worms!!!
It all depends on what I'm hunting, how far away I wanna take a shot, and how small is a small game and how big is big game.
.22 like a .22br for small or .17fb
.264 for Medium size game
.308cal like 300wm or .338 like a edge or lm for big game but that's just here in the states

I'm going to be patriotic here: You just ain't American if you don't own a Win 94 in 30-30 or a bolt action 30-06! My third choice would be a .338 WM. With these 3 you can hunt anything on the continent. The 30-30 for deer and similar sized game in close quarters, the 30-06 for almost everything else and the .338 (or bigger) for the nastier critters that would like just as soon eat you!

Which three must have calibers based on current bullet selection, not necessarily cartridges. For medium to large game if you only had three choices. List in order from most important to least important as if you would have to narrow down to only owning the first listed.

Sorry for the edit, but say up to elk for large game.
6.5 cal, 6.5, and oh yeah 6.5 cal. LoL!!! It's the most popular caliber to take elk in Colorado. 140 grain Berger Bullets.

.284 for bullet selection and all around ability
.224 for practice, varmints, and getting kids shooting
.338 when you wanna really hammer them elk or bears
If a man only owned 3 centerfire rifles then he should really have a scoped all around cartridge, an open sight big bore, and a scoped small bore/varmint gun :)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts