Which is the Cadillac of brass prep centers?

I'll respectfully disagree with your comment concerning rifle primer pockets. I have cleaned pockets and not cleaned pockets in high precision long range comp rifle loads. I quit cleaning pockets after thorough and repeated testing did not show a difference on paper or in the function of the rifle. I shoot against the best in North America and am competitive against the best. Neither my load precision nor my scores have suffered from lack of primer pocket cleaning. I won't disagree with your comment as it relates to pistol loading; I do not load for my pistols.
I agree with the Good Doctor and You. My only hick up with,, Not cleaning the primer pocket comes from my Racing and motor building back ground. It's not a good idea to put a brand new piston and rings in a cylinder sleeve with out horning and cleaning the cylinder. Plus you can't justify, that the carbon left in the primer pocket, "it's a hard substance" isn't some how deforming the primer when inserted under pressure, from being forced in to the primmer cup. So, that leads to the question of.,, Where did all that Carbon Go??? I assure you that it is still there.,,, I know, My OCD brain has a way of really over thing it. LOL. I might as well, "Not",, ever bother with De burring the flash hole either for that matter.. It's kind of like using Graphite to lube your expanding mandrels,, and can't quite figure out why you have extra spring back or not enough. Also, it takes about seven seconds to clean the pocket and that's worth the peace of mind, knowing that variable has been eliminated.
As far as on target down range, I can't say that I have notice a difference on POI. If I had to load 500 rounds on a moments notice, Well That's a different story. To each his own, and good luck to you Sir, in competition.

I use a Frankford arsenal platinum prep station. I recommend the Giraud well because they are the top of the line. I have had zero issues with my Frankford unit. It works great. I also run a hornady primer pocket uniform tool on it. Works great. Use it every time I prep my brass.

yeah, I looked at that one too but at 2000 dollars I can do the same thing with the garuad equipment it will be slower but it only cost half of what the Dillon cost. I'm trying to buy a Dillon 650 fully automatic I like to color coordinate my reloading room so the Dillon cp-2000 is in the future just can't afford it right now lol
Can of "spray" paint will do THAT for you🤣😂🤣😂

I use a Frankford arsenal platinum prep station. I recommend the Giraud well because they are the top of the line. I have had zero issues with my Frankford unit. It works great. I also run a hornady primer pocket uniform tool on it. Works great. Use it every time I prep my brass.
@Mooseknuckles : Curious—What does the Giraud do that your Frankfort platinum doesn't do? I don't own either.

The Giraud does the trim, chamfer inside and out all in one motion. The Frankford does all of that but in 3 separate motions. Nothing wrought with the Frankford, I love mine. But if I had the chance to upgrade, the Giraud would be what I would buy.

I lno

Because so many people were brainwashed in the 70s and 80s that American cars are crap and only the Japanese can build a reliable car.
Truth be told, and on a normal day, I drive any where from 200 to 500 miles a day in a company car. I see more Japanese cars, from that area on the road still kicking it with their original equipment. Ever once in a blue moon you will see and old, 73 Olds, that some kid hasn't tricked out yet, struggling to make it down the road. Any thing else from that area, American car wise, has been rebuilt/Modified and covenanted. "Me included" LOL Just My 2cents. And Yes, I drive a Dodge Ram. I have a Gun/Reloading Addiction, and could not afford the 2021 Nissan Titian Diesel 4x4 heavy duty. But, I'm very happy with my Dodge. To each, His own.

Last edited:
Truth be told, and on a normal day, I drive any where from 200 to 500 miles a day in a company car. I see more Japanese cars, from that area on the road still kicking it with their original equipment. Ever once in a blue moon you will see and old, 73 Olds, that some kid hasn't tricked out yet, struggling to make it down the road. Any thing else from that area, American car wise, has been rebuilt/Modified and covenanted. "Me included" LOL Just My 2cents. And Yes, I drive a Dodge Ram. I have a Gun/Reloading Addiction, and could not afford the 2021 Nissan Titian Diesel 4x4 heavy duty. But, I'm very happy with my Dodge. To each, His own.
I agree 100% with u. I wasn't knocking american. I drive a chevy 2017 zr2 colorado and my wife drives british, range rover/jag, as of now 2019 jaguar fpace. Oh also she only drives red vehicles since she was 16 lol we drive these because we enjoy the essence of our vehicles. Reliability is not our #1 priority! Its the feel and love for our cars!

I agree 100% with u. I wasn't knocking american. I drive a chevy 2017 zr2 colorado and my wife drives british, range rover/jag, as of now 2019 jaguar fpace. Oh also she only drives red vehicles since she was 16 lol we drive these because we enjoy the essence of our vehicles. Reliability is not our #1 priority! Its the feel and love for our cars!
My wife will only drive a very fast Porche, but the color does vary from car to car.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.