Which is the Cadillac of brass prep centers?

I've had my RCBS case Prep center as long as I can remember (15-20 yrs) It's very reliable. Not too fast, but way better than doing them by hand.
I have recently replaced the primer pocket cutters and the chamfer & deburring cutters.
I guess this was to be expected after so many cuts.
I would buy this prep center again if it does finally wear out.

M2C
Same here. I bought the RCBS prep center and use it on all my brass. I keep "master" cases for quick reset of the trimmer.

I'v been using the Frankford Arsenal Case Trim & Prep Center for a long time. I use for most of my case prep, 6CM, 25CM, 65CM, 6.5Grendel and AR's need to be fed, I process lots of 5.56, but lately I'm thinking, I need something even faster?

The Ultra Mag & Nosler cases, are still mostly trimmed on the Forster manual, because they're not shot with frequency, of the smaller/mid size cartridges.

View attachment 236823
Where did you get that brass shaving catch ? Right now I have a plastic top to a container

SS tumble with chips...primer pockets and brass clean every time.

Giraud Power trimmer....trim/chamfer/deburr in one step.

Doesn't get much easier than that.

WRONG! You obviously don't reload cartridges for a revolver. For years I didn't clean and prep the primer pockets. For years I had occasional rounds that would keep the cylinder from rotating through a round, all because the primer was not seated properly due to a primer pocket that needed to be cleaned and prepped. So now ask yourself; is there any chance that this is happening in my bolt action rifle, and what if any damage might a poorly seated primer cause to the cartridge and the rifle? Just think about it!
I'll respectfully disagree with your comment concerning rifle primer pockets. I have cleaned pockets and not cleaned pockets in high precision long range comp rifle loads. I quit cleaning pockets after thorough and repeated testing did not show a difference on paper or in the function of the rifle. I shoot against the best in North America and am competitive against the best. Neither my load precision nor my scores have suffered from lack of primer pocket cleaning. I won't disagree with your comment as it relates to pistol loading; I do not load for my pistols.

Last edited:

This the the workbench of a truly obsessed man. Just the kinda guy you want to solicit information from. Cause it is obvious he knows his stuff on several fronts.
Thank you. Hanloading for a very long time and I started way back when when information was from books, hands on and sound advice from the Elders at the range. A decent bourbon is a must when processing your brass also. Brass prep is the most important for accuracy.

Last edited:
Catch tray is from Loader Tools, caltick on eBay He's on holiday at moment. He 3D prints some pretty cool stuff for presses also, I'v a few items.

5a9895fe5a87b32710ce45c25bd30131.png

https://gyazo.com/5a9895fe5a87b32710ce45c25bd30131

Judging from how much work I've had to put into my fathers 2012 Cadillac CTS4 in the past couple weeks to get it to pass emissions and drive like a Cadillac should with only 68K miles, stop squeaking/creaking going over speed bumps, and to repair the worn/torn leather on the sea that also creaks when you sit or move in it for some stupid reason (yeah, real luxury quality there...), I'd rather have the Lexus of brass prep centers. I cannot believe how bloody terrible that car is for what it was purported to be, to be honest... haha.
Lexus🙄 Toyota products have the worst interiors of any vehicle on the market

The Henderson looks to be good also.

Last edited:
I'll respectfully disagree with your comment concerning rifle primer pockets. I have cleaned pockets and not cleaned pockets in high precision long range comp rifle loads. I quit cleaning pockets after thorough and repeated testing did not show a difference on paper or in the function of the rifle. I shoot against the best in North America and am competitive against the best. Neither my load precision nor my scores have suffered from lack of primer pocket cleaning. I won't disagree with your comment as it relates to pistol loading; I do not load for my pistols.
So you dont clean them at all? Or you dont obsess over getting all the crud out. Some of my loads have very dirty pockets after firing.

So you dont clean them at all? Or you dont obsess over getting all the crud out. Some of my loads have very dirty pockets after firing.
I don't clean them at all anymore. My pockets are not pretty either but I have found no advantage, as measured by testing out to 600 and 1000yds on target, in my groups during testing or scores during matches. One of my close friends, an F-TR National winner, has found the same and stopped cleaning pockets to save steps.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts