Which is better bedding??

We've always used aluminum bedding blocks in our guns. For quite a while we've skipped the skim bedding and used a mechanical wedge to trap the recoil lug. Some block designs aren't right in the rear, but if the action is straight and block has the right design, all you have to do is secure the lug.
I can't speak for every action, but most I am familiar with are not straight unless they are OD ground AFTER the ports are cut.

I was told one could use jb weld to bed a rifle. I used it on a HS precision stocked savage rifle once and it did seem to work very well. However I did prep the fiberglass well with sand paper to get good adhesion.

Depending on the stock depends on what you should use. If you are using a wood, plastic, or fiber reinforced stock; pillars and a bedding kit from brownells is a good choice. If you are using a stock with an aluminum bed built in Marine-Tex black epoxy putty is a good choice to skim bed the aluminum bed. I think there are about a million other bedding kits available, but these are the ones I have used.

I always liked using Marine Tex, its smooth and takes the action form very well. It all really depends on what type of stock your are trying to bed that will dictate what bedding process might be a better fit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.