Which countries are our members living in?

Republic of Ireland

Things are on the up and up here. In 1971, all hanguns (air, rimfire, centrefire) and rifles in excess of .22 calibre were confiscated. This confiscation was iligal at the time.

That left us with rimfire rifles for rabbit control and target shooting, up to .220 Swift for fox and the .22-250 for deer hunting.

About 7 years ago rifles with calibres up to .270 Inch were allowed for target shooting and deer hunting.

Just recently .308 Wins were allowed following a High Court challenge of police by ou national champion, of police policy which disallowed him from buying a .308 Win. This policy affected his ability to earn a living and his ability to represent the country in International competions.

Following a similar High Court challange, a firearms licence has recently been issued to a individual for a Glock 9mm. Also the surviving people who had their handguns confiscated in 1971 are being allowed apply for licences so that they may reclaim their property.

These high court challenges by individuals, open the doors for the rest of us to take part in new forms of the shooting sports.

Hopefully this will happen in other countries as well.

Rgds

Michigan, USA

I lived in Mississippi, North Carolina, Alaska, Texas (twice), Pennslyvania, Germany, and now Michigan.

Hello to all.
Happy New Year!

I Yuri from Almaty, Kazakhstan.

I am fond of hunting in mountains and precision shooting on distant distances.
I hold in arsenal BLASER R93 Varmint with replaceable trunks in 243WIN and 300WIN MAG, I prefer sights LEUPOLD 6,5-20x50 M4.
http://talks.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/000996/996928.jpg

Is glad to join you.

I apologize for my English, I use the electronic translator.

Last edited:
derek,

I have been fishing in Scotland. Very beautifull place you live in. We were about 40 miles west of Pitlochry. My SO is currently in England, visiting family. She is in Stoke.

Don
smile.gif

Ever see any BSAs we had a big tornadoe that went through Atlanta Georgia it hit my friends home he lost his 1954 BSA 500 it was a show bike it looked like it just came off the line He lost his Greeves,Penton ,matchless his Vincent was scratch free a wall came down on it. they were at a friends home playing poker. Dave is still sick.

Hi their, just become a new member as of a few minutes ago, this is all new to me (online forums) so i am looking forward to getting involved. I am from New Zealand (great hunting by the way) and have for along time been interested in LRH. my weapons of choice are a 6mm Rem for varminting & 7RUM for Deer.
Look forward to keeping in touch.gun)

Hello to you all.
I am a passionate hunter from Ecuador, South America. Now living in Mexico for one more year until I finish my Plastic Surgery Residency.
Love big game hunting, upland and waterfowl. Bow and arrow shooting since 1993.
Hunt with Winchester Mod 70, 270 WIn, with some upgrades. Really interested in long range shooting, dont have the right equipment yet, but working on it.
I am a longrangehunting.com ADDICT.
Check it out every day. Have learned lots of stuff reading it.

Last edited:
Armando, my niece spent several weeks in Ecuador last year and sent images weekly. Beautiful country. She thoroughly enjoyed it.

Len, thanks for the reply. I just love www.longrangehunting.com, I am kind of an ADDICT to it. And yes, it is a niece little country. I am now in Mexico, but will be traveling in two weeks. I am sending you the pictures of the places I am planning to hunt this december. Hope you enjoy them. I will be starting a thread on the forum about backpacking, of how I plan this hunt, and the results of it later on.
I have learned a lot through this page, thanks a lot for that.
APJ4.jpg
APJ3.jpg
APJ2.jpg
APJ1.jpg