Which 6.5 chambering

Every decision these days is going to involve the availability of brass whether we like it or not, both now and in the future !! Question is what are you willing to bet for 100-200 fps.. Myself I'd settle for the .260 rem, when no brass can be found or simply made for it shooting/reloading is over for all of us.

Thought I'd chime in. In a short action 6.5mm I have two Savage model 11's one in 260 Rem & the other a 6.5 Sherman Short Mag. Love then both. For the 260 I have Rem, Winchester, Nostler, & Lake City brass. All brass has been reformed 243, 7-08, & 308. Yes there's prep & sorting ect. I know, but the brass lasts a long time. I'm on 20+ on some of the cases. Love the the 260 for this reason it's adaptable.
The 6.5 Sherman Short Mag. on the other hand is an incredible round & very efficient. I'm getting 3100+ with the 160 Matrix & just under 3300 with the 140 Berger hybrids & neither one is a stoked load either. If you want you can always down load it for extended case & barrel life. Good luck with you decision. KMG

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.