which 223?

Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .223 Rem. It shoots excellent right out of the box. I would change the trigger though with all the Remington trigger recall nonsense going on.

Still haven't picked up a 223 yet so I would love to hear any other suggestions before I go shopping soon. Anyone have a Remington 700 tactical?

Buy the accurate Savage and be done with it. For fun I bought a cheap Axis in .223 to play with, I shoot 68 gr. Hornaday bthp in it, ragged at 100 and not bad at all at 200. This was bought for playing and cheaper shooting when others are along. If I was buying for in field use and may be out to 600-700 yards it would be a different Savage model. Savage's are very accurate out of the box.

Dgd6mm is right. You will not go wrong with a Savage. You want a kickass rifle in .223? Get a savage Model 12 Varmint series Verly Low Profile with a drop box magazine with 7 twist barrel You won't be disappointed. The trigger is adjustable down to 1.5 lbs., has a 26 inch varmint barrel and weighs 10 lbs. It's not a cheap rifle, but it is an incredible tack driver. Use this with some Nosler .223 brass, some Varget, and some 69 Gr Sierra MatchKings and be prepared to KA at the range. All of this "out of the box" in an American made rifle, that you don't have to change the trigger on or anything. Savage makes excellent target and varmint rifles.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/12VLPDBM

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.