When I'm Not Hunting In The Fall...

Big Sky

SPONSOR
When I'm not hunting in the fall I really enjoy enjoying my two favorite fall colors...brown and rainbow. ;) My oldest son came up from college for the weekend for a visit. We promised each other while he was here we would go fishing. So down to the local creek we go, and this is the very first fish he pulls out of the water. For a tiny creek this is one seriously nice brown trout!
AaronAdams9-27-13_zpsb081a2c9.jpg

Not to be completely outdone I managed to land this rainbow a short time later. Man, fall colors of browns and rainbows have to be my favorite fall colors of all. ;)
TroyAdams9-27-13_zps3808e5ac.jpg

We then went on to catch a pile of fish. Most were sixteen inches or better. Here's a photo of what many of the browns looked like. While not the same size as the big one my son caught they are very respectable, especially fish for a tiny creek that I could walk across. You just have to love their vibrant fall spawning colors.
Aaron9-27-13_zps3027cb9b.jpg

We had so much fun we went back to town and got my youngest son so he could get in on the action. He's still not to sure about grabbing on to fish, but he sure did enjoy catching them.
HunterAdams9-28-13_zps261af5b7.jpg

As the day wore down I just couldn't resist taking one last photo of my oldest son fishing, just before we called it quits, and headed in to town for the Homecoming football game. What a great weekend! Life is good. (Yes, I know there is a fishing forum, but there's more cobwebs than posts in that forum.)
Aaron9-28-13A_zpsd1b7c604.jpg

I have to admit all those years of dealing with tangled lines, snagged lures, and noisy kids is paying off now that my son is older. It's fun to fish with a partner rather than a trainee. :)

I have to admit all those years of dealing with tangled lines, snagged lures, and noisy kids is paying off now that my son is older. It's fun to fish with a partner rather than a trainee. :)

The tangled line stage is where I am right now. It can be frustrating for sure, but the smile on my kids faces when we actually catch a fish makes it all worth it. I'm glad to hear that it gets better lol!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.