Tell us where you are hunting this fall

Re: Alaska

Three different mountain ranges in Alaska for black bear, mountain goat, and dall sheep.

I live in PA, but am in SC and AL on business alot. So.........

Started hunting whitetail deer in SC August 15. Season runs until Jan 1.
Labor Day week I will be in MT for an archery elk hunt
PA and OH archery season starts in early October
2nd week in November I will be back in MT for a muley gun hunt
Back in PA for black bear the 4th week in November
PA and OH gun season opens first week in December

I also turkey hunted in AL this spring.

That puts me in 5 states this year. Life is good.

I have cow/calf Draw for moose in the central BC rockies and plan on Deer Both whitetail and muley in the central cariboo region of BC

Deer California zone A and Blacktail / Mulleys in Zone C. Guided Elk hunt Colorado GMU 64-65. Dove & Duck, Pheasant in the San Joaquin Valley of California

Re: On the way out the door in the morning

I couldn't find the post a new notice so hope this works. Am on the way to Namibia in the morning. Will be hunting Gemsbok, Springbok, Steenbok, warthog, and Kudu, and maybe some other stuff. Have to wait till I get there. Hunting two different places, and one is a cull hunt, so will (or can if I see and hit them), kill 22 animals on the first place, and whatever they have for trophy animals on the 2nd one. Taking my 338/06 and the 280, for a backup.

Well, as much as I wish I was bow hunting elk in Idaho I have to settle on another year of hunting caribou and moose in Alaska. Drew a cow moose permit this year:D. Who knows.....Maybe I'll even get the chance to gun)thin the bear population some....again:D. Good Luck to all the hunters this year regardless of your choice of weapon or where you hunt and be safe!!!!

I drew a muzzleloader bull elk tag for zone 62 in Co. (hunted there 15 years) Have a buck and doe antelope for zone 27 in Wy. It will only be my fourth trip antelope hunting. I'll probably whack at least one whitetail here in my home state of AR and a few ducks, if I have room in the freezer.
blessed hunting to all
Jim

I will be heading out to a little peice of land just south of Madison and looking for the elusive paper target, or maybe even a stealthy clay pigeon. Depends on what I see!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.