What gun would you want if the SHTF?

I don't dispute that at all. I merely pointed out that illegal immigration is down for the first time in 30 years. If I lived in the path, I would police MY land — and I'm a (God forbid!) Democrat. I wonder if I would be prosecuted for collecting "spoils of war" off the invading hordes?

Only city Democrats (and city Republicans) are anti gun. I can't vote Republican because I can't support the wealth transfer the Republicans have orchestrated over the last 40 years that has tripled the wealth of the top 1/2% while crushing the middle-class & transferring most manufacturing overseas. 60 years ago the Republicans believed in investing in this country — if they still did I would likely vote with them.
Agree 100%. I'm not a fan of democrats, but if anyone making under about a million dollars a year thinks republicans are doing anything for them they are sadly mistaken. I cannot believe they can't see the wealth transfer that has happened. They aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_8262.jpeg
    IMG_8262.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 26
Depends what kind of SHTF scenario we're talking about but honestly while it might seem ridiculous and is so bad at so many things…

To me the obvious answer is actually gonna be a ruger 10/22 takedown, preferably stainless synthetic. Can carry thousands of rounds on you without issue, can be used effectively to procure food for a looooong time, you can certainly defend yourself with one. is not a battle rifle, a long range big game/sniper/antimaterial rifle, or a defensive shotgun but is a more versatile all purpose survival tool than any of those on their own.

Of course having to be with but one gun sounds awful, but if it came down to that, having to bug out in a hurry with one gun and ammo and go disappear in the woods for a while…the ruger 10/22 is my easy and obvious choice.

Last edited:
Depends what kind of SHTF scenario we're talking about but honestly while it might seem ridiculous and is so bad at so many things…

To me the obvious answer is actually gonna be a ruger 10/22 takedown, preferably stainless synthetic. Can carry thousands of rounds on you without issue, can be used effectively to procure food for a looooong time, you can certainly defend yourself with one. is not a battle rifle, a long range big game/sniper/antimaterial rifle, or a defensive shotgun but is a more versatile all purpose survival tool than any of those on their own.

Of course having to be with but one gun sounds awful, but if it came down to that, having to bug out in a hurry with one gun and ammo and go disappear in the woods for a while…the ruger 10/22 is my easy and obvious choice.
Agree, followed closely by or in addition to a high quality AR 15 in 5.56/223 for the same reasons. The 223 will afford better hunting results on larger game than rabbits/squirrels also 2 legged targets.

Recent Posts