Whats your most difficult shooting skill to master?

Time management.
I used to spend hundreds of hours developing, verifying, and shooting hand loads for just a few hours of hunting. Very gratifying.
As I get older, I wonder where I got all that extra time from back then.
Very frustrating.

Wind.
Wind is and always will be the most unpredictable and uncontrollable aspect of LR shooting/hunting. We can only hone our ability cope with it.
IMO, in an adrenaline filled, high stress shot situation, the wind call is the first skill to slip.

Time management.
I used to spend hundreds of hours developing, verifying, and shooting hand loads for just a few hours of hunting. Very gratifying.
As I get older, I wonder where I got all that extra time from back then.
Very frustrating.

Wind.
Wind is and always will be the most unpredictable and uncontrollable aspect of LR shooting/hunting. We can only hone our ability cope with it.
IMO, in an adrenaline filled, high stress shot situation, the wind call is the first skill to slip.

Even at mid range, 600, wind call can be a problem. The same junior in the P100, no sighter match.

Here is her comment.

"Strong wind but consistent . I just shot poorly on my feet and didn't believe it was 4 mins of wind at 6. Dropped 2 points there and cleaned it after."

1000000649.jpg

She made HM, P100, and Distinguished before she turned 18.
Great job! In the 90's we trained a small bore position shooter, Trent Miskelly, who set several National and world records at age 15-16. At one VFW invitational he set 5 records in small bore and air rifle. Phenomenal what some of these kids can do.

Mastering Father Time. As I get older I feel like I'm just breaking down. 🤣 Arthritis, fused vertebra, shoulder surgeries, bad eyes, etc. all make getting a consistent shooting position tough but I'll keep getting out and having fun until it's no longer possible.
im with you buddy. Keep going until I can't.
OLD GUYS RULE!

I haven't been out on the range in long time now. I went out last weekend with my youngest son to shoot some pistols. Man was I off. I glad I did and found about the 9mm. The auto 9 I have, doesn't have a hammer. I put one round into the ground. I remember why I don't like pistols without a hammer on them. I was having a hard time with the pistol getting it to operate. Finally oiled the hell out of it and it worked just fine after that. It wouldn't chamber a round from the clip. The first fire fight I didn't use my rifle. Busy with the wounded, didn't have time to join in to shoot back. 2nd firefight in Vietnam. I was told to stay with the APC to assist the driver. I had arrived in Vietnam just before tet was starting in 1969. We were not allow to go out and test our rifles. Well the rifle I got would only fire 2 round and jam up. The APC were being fired on from an RPG nest. First time I didn't think I was going to make it very long in country. In the first 2 firefights I was in. In my platoon we 2 KIA's. Anyway I pickup another M-16 inside the track, and open up on the nest. Dump 3 clips into that area. That stop that quickly. I knew better to never use a firearm after that unless I had tested it, and learn how to use it correctly. I found another firearm that didn't work first off here the other day. I have had it for several months now. It works now. I am very glad, I didn't need it. That been 54 years ago that happen.
I got a brand new M-16 and a 1911 45 auto. I was never was without them while in country.

What is the hardest thing for you to master when shooting?

Is it:
Reading wind
Cheek weld/position
Breath control
Trigger control
Sight picture
Or something else?

Let us know what is the bane of your shooting sucess. (Remember, misery loves company 😉).
I'm only in my early 50's and still shoot all the time and have since I was four shotgun, rifle and pistol. My weakness to this day is my heart still ponds out of my chest when I see a mature bull or deer. I guess it's the reason I strive for perfection on load development because my heartbeat is at least a full MOA!