What's going on at LRH !!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What\'s going on at LRH !!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
Ray Romain uses the 250 Gr in his 338/375 (just an improved Weatherby case) Case and has a 34" barrel. We teamed up on a Colorado Mule deer this past season and he got it at 1800 yrds with his rig. The bullet arrived with 800 Foot pounds of energy and after closer inspection penitrated both shoulders and exited the far side. The exit hole was very small being about 1" diameter.

[/ QUOTE ]

umm, 10%+ more powder and 25%+ more barrel might make a diff, dont you think?

Thats not the issue, rather they both have identical 1 mile stats. The bullet he quoted using is a 250 SMK.

250 smk - bc .587
250 Scenar - bc .675

Efficiency is the issue! GG's round is much more efficient with the Scenar.

Those of you who are so fast to point out that maybe some rules were broken still fail to see that 2 INDIVIDUALS were involved yet only one was punished even though the other party involved admitted in his own post that he to was partly to blame for Ric's Actions.

The problem is that only one was punished while the other seems to be made out as the helpless victim and THAT'S THE REAL ISSUE!!! To be a victim there would need to be no actions on his part that resulted in what has happened, BUT again by GG own words in his post he states he participated and instigated in this whole mess.

I agree with Ian,
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that some people don't see the point here,
Ric broke the rules and it cost him his membership...period!
Regardless of his post contents validity

The rules are there to help the forum move along smoothly
Break the rules, be warned.
Break the rules again, you're out, simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The part I don't agree with is that RIC was not the only one involved and his actions may have been different if GG had not participated and instigated in this whole process!!!!!!!

<font color="red"> Whant to be fair KICK THEM BOTH OFF or allow them both to stay with an understanding for future actions they may take.</font>

<font color="red"> Those of you who donot understand the meaning of fair play are probably the same individuals that donot understand the meanings to RESPONSIBILITY or ETHICS!! </font>

Ben

[ QUOTE ]
BUT again by GG own words in his post he states he participated and instigated in this whole mess.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are incorrect in this statement sir. <font color="blue">I instigated the cease fire by coming up with an agreement to not communicate. </font> My intent was to make things peaceful again.

My in-fun jabs were on a totally unrelated post earlier where we BOTH jabbed a little-all in good fun. It went downhill after that on a seperate post.

And you don't need to worry, Ric will be back guaranteed. It will just be under a different name. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd like to add one more thing and that's they were both members of this forum and as such should be allowed to ask or questions or point out concerns or issues they have with ANY post that is put up in this forum!!

Please explain to me how 2 individuals who post on many of the topics are to avoid each other? How can either be considered a member if they are not allowed to comment on post that are made?

Those of you who would like to say that Ric was aggressive towards GG in this last post have not ever gone to any of the coppermelt postings where GG and others will chastise, be belligerent and down right rude to you if you donot agree with their beliefs. And all that's OK? How is this FAIR???

I believe the moderators jumped in prematurely and took actions because of one members complaints (GG) to them, but yet this same member (GG) is allowed to be down right rude to other members on this forum just for questions or post that are made.

It shows that we as members are not all equal and will be treated differently on who we are. I guess the old statement "the squeaky wheel gets the grease is true" especially on this site and that's a shame as this is a great site with a lot of knowledge and experience to be shared to all.

Ben

Hey buddy, no one is making you stay. If you really hate this site that bad, you have the freedom to stay or go. Right now, it just looks like you like to complain. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I instigated the cease fire by coming up with an agreement to not communicate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me and the other members why we as members should not be allowed to question or point out problems that we believe could be relevant with your post?

Ric was a member and should be allowed to comment on ANY POST made and if you didn't like his questions or his input than like every other member you could have ignored it.

WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL that we as members should not be allowed to question anything you post??????

Ben

[ QUOTE ]
Explain to me and the other members why we as members should not be allowed to question or point out problems that we believe could be relevant with your post?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would read what the administrators had to say a little more carefully, you would see that is not why Ric got erased.

GG, I believe you about the little digs, but you can't spar with some people and then switch to playful kidding around. You didn't intend to offend, with a couple remarks, but Ric was on his last strike and that meant it was not a level playing field.

I personally do not think that he would (at this point) want to use a different screen name, if that was the only way he could participate. And, yes I know he already tried it, but it may have been because you jumped in here; something else that might not have been a smart move?

Straight out, GG. Do you feel partly responsible, and would you be pleased to see him reinstated? Not that it's your call, but how do you feel about all the discord? What could you do to cease the finger pointing and justifications, and just move on? Or, are you just glad to get the monkey off your back?

I'm curious. LB

I would like the MODs to take notice the aggression that is coming my way by GG for my post just because I don't see things his way.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey buddy, no one is making you stay. If you really hate this site that bad, you have the freedom to stay or go. Right now, it just looks like you like to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is GOODGROUPER allowed to attact or get argumentative with the other members for their post?????

I would like GG to refrain from contacting me or attacking any of my post, PLEASE. He was allowed such a request that I too would like the same consideration.

THANK YOU,
Ben

Do you see how quickly this could get out of hand if eveyone requested that other members donot post in areas they post do to aggression or other verbal comments?

GG how fast you are to invite this forums members to leave. Remember that it is a two way road and sould you decide that you may want to go please understand that that too would be ok with some of this forums members. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
but it may have been because you jumped in here; something else that might not have been a smart move?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was I wrong for trying to apologize? I had my hand extended for a handshake and it gets slapped instead?

[ QUOTE ]
Straight out, GG. Do you feel partly responsible, and would you be pleased to see him reinstated? Not that it's your call, but how do you feel about all the discord?

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel that if things could be peaceful again and EVERYONE could be civil towards each other, everyone should deserve to be here. So far, I have tried to apologize and move on and there are a few guys who just want to keep dragging it out. I am done with this. Let's start being constructive and move forward.

[ QUOTE ]
What could you do to cease the finger pointing and justifications, and just move on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have already apologized for my half many times.

I'll take you up on that deal Shadowman.
You won't get another argument from me. I'm done with it. This is good, we are starting to make some progress here now I think.

[ QUOTE ]
Was I wrong for trying to apologize? I had my hand extended for a handshake and it gets slapped instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this is that while he tried to apologize it was also a statement of how wrong our other member Ric was. His hand was out but only to point his finger rather than to just apologize and offer regret.

Ben

GG I wasn't going to even say anything but don't you think how you told shadowman if he doesn't like it leave is wrong? I mean you are coming off as a smart ***. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Until you made that comment I think you stated your case but I will say I read the post's and BOTH SIDES made comments and digs. I do not think either side should be banned and there has to be some question about ethics at some point. Should I take a 220 swift with a 50gr V-Max and try killing an Elk at 1500 yards? I sure as hell hope one of the guys on here would set me straight if I wanted to try that. I don't think Ric did anything wrong by stating his experience. As a side note if you are working on a project and cannot handle any comments, questions, or difference of opinion do not post it on a forum on the internet. Kirby took some grief about his Allen mags and never cried about it. I even questioned something's and he still answers my questions and posts and does not tell me not to post where he does. Time to lose the chip you have a lot of knowledge and experience and have made some long shots. Put it to good use and don't get a big head.

Status
Not open for further replies.