What's going on at LRH !!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1000br

Official LRH Sponsor
What\'s going on at LRH !!?!?!

A two-digit member who has been here from the beginning is banned for pointing out possible insufficient energy to take a large game animal...*** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Punishment for experience-based factual discussion? HUH? Is that where LRH is headed?

Ban me too for this post if you wish...

Dumbfounded and disappointed,
JB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Re: What\'s going on at LRH !!?!?!

I agree. I don't see what the major infraction is? Just because there is a disagreement I don't see why that should get someone banned? We should be able to disagree without getting banned.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You know what...I was gonna start a post on this as well but decided to just chime in here

...Some people..you know who you are just cry till you get your way! I have noticed in the past certain individuals just dont seem to want to help others...Including and particularly newbies.

I used to love this board because People like Ric helped out. Then we have certain individuals that dont help out one bit. They boast "look what I did...Look what I got...Look who buys me this and this...yap yap yap. And when someone does not agree with them...Slam..They are history.

Are we Booting Ric because a friend of Lens got ****y? God I swear. Len has been more than helpfull to me in the past so this concerns me that he would judge Ric so fast and after all the service he has provided on this board.

I have made friends on this board...Met many of them and glad that I have. I have also met people from this board who believed they were better than all others...different story.

Len...I'm not sure I will get booted for this but if so....So be it. I have to defend Ric because I think he did nothing wrong. A few opinions and boot city. I have seen worse on this board and the members that caused it are still here?

Please help me understand this. Someone please!!!!!!

And GG....Give me a break. Ric just gave his opinion more like a question and you start crying "leave me alone"

It's obvious you dont like to be called on anything. God forbid you are wrong ...Sounds like a spoiled brat to me. BTW someone you slammed in the past for asking a newbie question was a friend!

You could of just ignored the question/comment! That simple!

Ric, I hope you can come back...Thats if I'm still here.

Len..Please understand the frustration. I read the post and really saw no harm.

Joe

I'm with JB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
What happened? Moderator got up on the wrong side of the bed?
BRING RIC BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!---George
I don't post much but read LRH alot to learn. AND
I have learned quite a bit from reading Ric's post.
PLEASE CHIME IN---BRING HIM BACK!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
You see, Ian? I predicted this. LB

[/ QUOTE ]

Predicted what?

I totally concur; Ric is a smorgasbord of information and by no means should be banned for a disagreement. Ric has already traveled the roads that newbies like myself hope to venture one day. I have learned tons from just reading the posts from the likes of Chris, Rick. GG and a broad array of others as well. It would certainly be a shame to sign on and not be able to look forward to seeing Ric's posts and targets. We all have disagreements, it's human nature. Just my most humble 2 cents worth.

What happened to Ric?? I missed it. Did a thread get out of hand??

[ QUOTE ]
What happened to Ric?? I missed it. Did a thread get out of hand??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, LINK

I think the same can be said with GG 6mmBR imp. Very few people would think it could be used to take game a 4xx yards. It doesn't have the energy to do it. He did it, and it destroyed the vitals on that pronghorn. He has experience busting game at long range and in his opinion, his 338 round should bust an elk at 1500+. Ric disagrees and he gets banned? He never questioned GG's geneology or the like, they just have a diference of standards in LRH. If you wanted to ban one you should have banned both. But two wrongs don't make a right!

Banning Ric is a mistake and takes away from this forum!

[ QUOTE ]
predicted what?

[/ QUOTE ]

(email excerpt 10/23)

"It seems to me that there is evolving a certain group of elite players, in which their opinion trumps others? Maybe I have it wrong, but that is my perception, at this point?"

My 2 C,

We are all adults on here, sometimes adults don't agree on everything, we argue, b*tch, moan, and groan, but usually nobody gets hurt, especially not on the internet. I believe it was GG, and Ric who agreed not to hijack the others post, NOT Ian, Len, or Dave. So why is it that when he(Ric)honestly questions something he gets banned. I agree with most others, if you ban one, you should ban both, but I dont think either deserve to be banned. Both GG, and Ric have valuable resources from which newbies like myself can learn from. I admit I was dissappointed to see GG's post about newbies, but I myself try to always run searches for general info. However I understand his position, and Ric's for calling him out.
My vote, don't ban anybody, nobody was being adversely affected by the bickering, if anything, it was bringing more attention.

My 2C.

Most members do not have enough information or history to second-guess the decisions made by Len or the Administrators.

Be aware that we typically warn members if thier actions/posts are viewed as non-desired/non-contributory. If you have been warned that your actions if continued/repeated will result in membership termination you should not repeat the transgression or you will be asked to leave (in one manner or another) regardless of the amount and value of your previous contributions.

Ric contributed a good deal to this/these forums and his knowledge and contributions may be missed but this action was deemed appropriate by Len and the Administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.