What's going on at LRH !!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What\'s going on at LRH !!?!?!

Dave -- how does a warning about Burns and his "calibrated" Kenton knobs relate to this discussion?

I know this is Len's house, and respect that, but You and I both KNOW Ric...

Being involved in the thread and having been more than a little irritated with Ric I just make the following observations.

Ric was warned fair and square. Up front and honest - here are the rules abide by them or else. GG did not chase Ric around the forum. GG tried to make an agreement with Ric for peace. Ric chased GG and after the warning would not let it be. Twice he would not let it be. I personally went to bed mad that a project that interests me was being trashed by Ric.

John M would not let it be. Post777 would not let it be. Ric would not let it be. Ankeny was told to let it be and he let it be. We have all been repeatedly told that this is not a debate club.

Ric tells Dave
[ QUOTE ]
I'll cease this discussion

[/ QUOTE ]
Ric does not honor his word.

jb1000BR

I am busy at work with little time to post now...but Ric deleted or edited out toublesome portions of posts on both problem threads these past few days. He did this last year, too, on at least one occasion after being criticized for the tone of his posts, removing the evidence.

Last year I sent him a very detailed warning telling him what I liked about his posts and also what I would not tolerate. I told him in no uncertain terms that that was his only warning. I'd prefer not to get into more detail than that.

I'm sorry to lose his mostly good and productive posts. But you know, as I think of the handful of members that have been terminated (out of over 5,000...all the terminated members were most often productive, helpful posters. That's not enough on my forum. You have to follow the rules, too. And there aren't very many rules.

discussing valid performance concerns is trashing a subject? I discuss concerns to help those who may not know any better, to help shorten learning curves, or keep problems from arising if at all possible...so does Ric...

Isnt that what these forums are for?

Sorry, Len, we were typing at the same time.

I saw the warning you sent last year...

His execution may have not been perfect, but a valid point was still made...unfortunately though, it will probably be lost in all of this...

There are others who choose to "armwrestle" too...though it seems some get away with it easier...but i understand it is YOUR choice to run this how you wish.

I don't know if the membership will ever have all the facts, but we have to deal with what we DO know. If the use of bold is an implied warning on voicing opinion, I guess we get the message?

There are two sides to every story. From my limited perspective, I see a little mud on more than one party. I believe in respect. I also consider certain posts by certain people as abrasive, and cocky, more often than not.

Those, more than any others, should not seek, or benefit from, protection or demand to be left alone. That's not the best way to conduct a merit based discussion.

Censorship is a fact of life on message boards. You have the button, and the responsibility to use it wisely. And, fairly, I might add. LB

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if the membership will ever have all the facts, but we have to deal with what we DO know. If the use of bold is an implied warning on voicing opinion, I guess we get the message?

There are two sides to every story. From my limited perspective, I see a little mud on more than one party. I believe in respect. I also consider certain posts by certain people as abrasive, and cocky, more often than not.

Those, more than any others, should not seek, or benefit from, protection or demand to be left alone. That's not the best way to conduct a merit based discussion.

Censorship is a fact of life on message boards. You have the button, and the responsibility to use it wisely. And, fairly, I might add. LB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, i see the "I have a request" thread was pruned of any alternate opinions as well, yet the original was left intact...looks like a preference towards one armwrestler, while banning another...

I'll quit now, because i can see this thread wont be around long

still thoroughly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LB

I bolded that post so that it would be noticed by all, not as a warning. I, and I'd imagine others, often skip to the last entries in a 'hot' thread and sometimes miss entries entirely. Bolding was my attempt to be noticed and not skipped/missed is a hasty slide to the latest entries.

I wanted to make apparent that the Adminstration had discussions and what you see are the results of those discussion and historical reviews/warnings.

Have we ever thought that words can be taken out of context. I know what I wrote was abrasive a bit but it made my point. No sugar coating etc. Ric made a comment about the 1 mile elk shot with a so so bullet in his opinion. I have read that thing several times and he never busted on GG. GG response was...Pouncing again! Too me that was the first attack...The first strike in the war of words so to say. I didn't see any pouncing in the thread. If I didn't know the history I would of said..."pouncing" what the heck is he talking about.

So many times folks use words to say things they want but sugar coat it so sometimes the point gets made...sometimes not. My post earlier may have been wrong but I wanted everyone to know what I felt...Not try to determine how they think I felt.

Christ!! I cant stand the guy who lives next door to me but I don't go beat him up call him names or move out!

The bad thing about this whole darn mess is no one is gonna go back on what was said and done! This to some would show a sign of weakness.

Not enough people in this rude *** world don't say sorry.

One simple little word.

Ok Len and Ric are both wrong...GG is wrong...... WE ARE ALL SORRY ..can we get back to normal now!!

Let everyone have there say and lets move on!

A quote of sorts I saw from the news

"Customer Service is now being advertised as an EXTRA."

The reason for this is because everyone has become so **** nasty in the world. We now think that customer service should be an added extra!!!!!!! Makes me sick to my stomach!

Venting off

Joe

I dont post on here much but i read everything and I have been reading since 2002 and i realy dont see what the big deal was. i think it would be a great loss to not have his input on the forum,I had emailed ric directly to ask him about one of his rifles and he took alot of his time to email back and forth with me to answer all i could throw at him, i consider myself a rookie when it comes to long range big game hunting and after talking with ric i had to say he was a huge help and only gave his thoughts and concerns with a project i had.so again i just wanted to say i think it is a mistake for banning someone that has helped so many.

jared Costa

I am trying to figure out what got Ric launched?? He is/was a tremendous asset to the board. Hopefully the moderators will reconsider.

Frank D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

lablover, I think I live next to the same guy as you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I kept pace with the discusion in question, I also seen GG's newbie post. GG's newbie post was worded poorly but I understand his frustration. "Guiding" the newbies should be left to the administrators. Ric made light of the post and things headed south. In my opinion it should have been deleted imediatly because the post served no valid purpose.

When the accubond fire works started valid points were being discussed initially. It turned ugly when one thought the other was not playing fair. When you post on this board you are going to get opinions and possible critisim. Don't ask to sensor anyones opinion if you don't want to get into a ****in' match. Leave well enough alone and ignore the poster. Was Ric trying to get under GG's skin? Maybe thats a question for Ric. Was GG baiting Ric with his post? Maybe thats a question for GG.

I will miss Ric's opinions and advice.

I hope that GG does not get a "bad taste in his mouth" over this, and continues to contribute pertinate information about his expertise and his experiments.

Both of these men were/are valuable members of this site.

Please lets keep debates cival and based on first hand experience. Before you post a reply ask yourself, Am I adding to the discussion or taking away from it. Some things are better left unsaid.

i'm pretty much a newbie here.i don't know any history but as far as that bullet discussion went, i thought Ric gave some very interesting information with the thought process and facts to explain his point.he didn't take any jabs or for that matter,have a "tone" in his post.this matter is obviously not information related because Ric has more practical hunting/shooting info than anyone on here.

[ QUOTE ]

Please lets keep debates cival and based on first hand experience. Before you post a reply ask yourself, Am I adding to the discussion or taking away from it. Some things are better left unsaid.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a personal opinion, but sterile posts and timid responses bore me to death.

I think there has to be room for (polite) honest disagreement. By the same token, you have to be willing (and capable of) brushing off, (even laughing at) comments you don't like. LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts