What's going on at LRH !!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What\'s going on at LRH !!?!?!

I ussually stay clear of this kind of muck and I always stay out of an argument between 2 members such as the argument between Ric and GG. I concider myself an experianced long range shooter and hunter and enjoy learning on my own as well as experimenting so as to find out how somthing works or why it works a certain way. I dont hang out here to glean every last detail from other peoples experiances, good or bad, but know that there is always a great deal to learn from others and to share what things I have learned with others. I am not an authority on LR shooting or hunting. I think some may feel like they should be and battle for position or dominance to be king of the hill so to speak. Yes we here at LRH.com could live with out that. On the flip side of the coin, I am sure my wife could live without a few of my quirks yet she doesnt kick me out of the house because there are many other good qualities she sees in me and looks past my ideoscyncrosies and looks to the good I bring to the table. We all bring something differant to the table. Ric and GG both could have shown a little more respect and dignity twards one another recently. Both had valid points and both slung some mud. Right or wrong? Thats not up to me, but please allow me to ask, what is the problem with looking to the good vs. the bad? Should the rest of the members who fueled and fanned the flame be banned as well? After all where there is no wood the fire dies.

Len and Dave, I can support whatever decision you make. Whether I like it or not is irrelevant. I know this isnt about what overall concensis from the members here. Just KNOW that Ric will be missed and his insight is very valuable here. I may not be the most popular guy here but I have been here long enough to see what goes on and feel like I am justified in anything I have to say in this post.

Guys,
I probably ought to stay out of this for fear of causing anymore bad vibes, but I feel the need to share a few things.

First, I am <font color="red"> dearly sorry </font> for submitting my request for new members to post in the proper place and to run searches. I meant no harm or bad will to any of them. I <font color="blue"> apologize </font> if I worded it badly. Ian summed it up well I thought about my intentions with it. <font color="red"> THe only reason why I made that request was because I was finding it harder and harder to help the new guys because I had to wade through pages and pages of stuff to get to the questions. </font> <font color="blue"> I thought it might help them to run a search rather than wait for someone to post back to them. </font> My bad and I <font color="blue">apologize </font> again if you were turned off by it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The termination of Ric came as a surprise to me too, but as one of the administrators said (I forget which one) you guys may not have full possession of all the facts. I made a mistake of slightly jabbing Ric in another post because I thought we were cool enough together to handle it. I feel Ric then went after me for purposes that were not consructive to the board. I said a few things I regret and he said a few things I'm sure he regrets and we BOTH decided and agreed to not communicate directly here on LRH anymore so as to preserve civility. An hour later, he came on another post and chastised me and attacked me for being unethical before even waiting to hear my explanation. For about an hour and an hour only, there were posts on that bad thread that were so nasty that he or someone else even went back in and deleted them. What most of you saw later was a much toned down version which was not all that bad. I honored our agreement and was silent to him, and maybe that fueled his fire even more?

WHen we all signed on as members, we agreed to several rules. ONe of those rules was not to discuss ethics. Ric maybe forgot about this once, but he then forgot about it two more times over the last few months. He, then sent emails to me (of which I will not go into detail) that showed his real intent and they were not very civil to say the least. At that point, I knew his only desire was to destroy me and anyone who tried to break up the fighting. Now, I have no doubt that Len, Ian, and Dave didn't want to erase him, but rules are rules and without them, we are all in trouble. God loves us all unconditionally but he still has rules for us that we must follow.

If some of you have taken to the idea that I post my successes on here to brag, you are not understanding me. I continually take flack in my profession for shooting long range and I am actively involved in trying to defend us all. I do it on a daily basis and it is VERY hard. We not only have anti-gunners against us, but we have the majority of HUNTERS against us as well. I post my pics here to show what can be done with the proper dicipline and equipment in hopes of trying to show others we're not so bad after all.

All of my equipment IS mine and I HAVE PAID for all of it myself. The only exception to this is the MOAG. My awesome uncle and I went in together on that project for the good of both our wallets on such an expensive and specialized piece of equipment. So, with that said, rest assured that every pic I put on here is my own sweat and blood and money used solely for the purpose of my enjoyment and education of others.

The last thing I have to say tonight is this:

I am <font color="blue"> sorry </font> about what happened to Ric, and I am sorry that sides were taken. I want everyone here to know that I forgive him and if you are sad he is gone and I am still here, I hope you can forgive me too. I promise I will continue to do my best to help others and still leave pertinent and interesting material here for everyone to enjoy if you still want to read anything authored by me. If you take a vote and the majority wants me off, I will respect your wishes and never return.

I have learned much from this experience as well as Ric probably has too, and that may be the only good thing that has come from it.

To Len, Ian and Dave:
Please allow this thread to continue as long as possible so that as many people as possible can read and understand what happened, vent their steam, and move on. Thank you. GG

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,
I probably ought to stay out of this for fear of causing anymore bad vibes, but I feel the need to share a few things.

First, I am <font color="red"> dearly sorry </font> for submitting my request for new members to post in the proper place and to run searches. I meant no harm or bad will to any of them. I <font color="blue"> apologize </font> if I worded it badly. Ian summed it up well I thought about my intentions with it. <font color="red"> THe only reason why I made that request was because I was finding it harder and harder to help the new guys because I had to wade through pages and pages of stuff to get to the questions. </font> <font color="blue"> I thought it might help them to run a search rather than wait for someone to post back to them. </font> My bad and I <font color="blue">apologize </font> again if you were turned off by it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The termination of Ric came as a surprise to me too, but as one of the administrators said (I forget which one) you guys may not have full possession of all the facts. I made a mistake of slightly jabbing Ric in another post because I thought we were cool enough together to handle it. I feel Ric then went after me for purposes that were not consructive to the board. I said a few things I regret and he said a few things I'm sure he regrets and we BOTH decided and agreed to not communicate directly here on LRH anymore so as to preserve civility. An hour later, he came on another post and chastised me and attacked me for being unethical before even waiting to hear my explanation. For about an hour and an hour only, there were posts on that bad thread that were so nasty that he or someone else even went back in and deleted them. What most of you saw later was a much toned down version which was not all that bad. I honored our agreement and was silent to him, and maybe that fueled his fire even more?

WHen we all signed on as members, we agreed to several rules. ONe of those rules was not to discuss ethics. Ric maybe forgot about this once, but he then forgot about it two more times over the last few months. He, then sent emails to me (of which I will not go into detail) that showed his real intent and they were not very civil to say the least. At that point, I knew his only desire was to destroy me and anyone who tried to break up the fighting. Now, I have no doubt that Len, Ian, and Dave didn't want to erase him, but rules are rules and without them, we are all in trouble. God loves us all unconditionally but he still has rules for us that we must follow.

If some of you have taken to the idea that I post my successes on here to brag, you are not understanding me. I continually take flack in my profession for shooting long range and I am actively involved in trying to defend us all. I do it on a daily basis and it is VERY hard. We not only have anti-gunners against us, but we have the majority of HUNTERS against us as well. I post my pics here to show what can be done with the proper dicipline and equipment in hopes of trying to show others we're not so bad after all.

All of my equipment IS mine and I HAVE PAID for all of it myself. The only exception to this is the MOAG. My awesome uncle and I went in together on that project for the good of both our wallets on such an expensive and specialized piece of equipment. So, with that said, rest assured that every pic I put on here is my own sweat and blood and money used solely for the purpose of my enjoyment and education of others.

The last thing I have to say tonight is this:

I am <font color="blue"> sorry </font> about what happened to Ric, and I am sorry that sides were taken. I want everyone here to know that I forgive him and if you are sad he is gone and I am still here, I hope you can forgive me too. I promise I will continue to do my best to help others and still leave pertinent and interesting material here for everyone to enjoy if you still want to read anything authored by me. If you take a vote and the majority wants me off, I will respect your wishes and never return.

I have learned much from this experience as well as Ric probably has too, and that may be the only good thing that has come from it.

To Len, Ian and Dave:
Please allow this thread to continue as long as possible so that as many people as possible can read and understand what happened, vent their steam, and move on. Thank you. GG

[/ QUOTE ]

"At that point, I knew his only desire was to destroy me and anyone who tried to break up the fighting"

whaaat? Think that might be a BIT DRAMATIC... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif such a martyr, and now with YOUR permission and blessing, I'm sure the admins will oblige, and let the thread live...

[ QUOTE ]
He, then sent emails to me (of which I will not go into detail) that showed his real intent and they were not very civil to say the least. At that point, I knew his only desire was to destroy me and anyone who tried to break up the fighting

[/ QUOTE ]

It is easy to say things like that when the other party is not present...maybe everyone should decide for themselves -- you seem to be giving great lip service, then backstabbing from the other side of your mouth.

Also, it is funny you mention name-calling, then call me a name of your own in your email...

were the emails really that bad?...

---------------------

GG,

Look, I'm not gonna keep on posting on lrh back and forth with you. You can do your passive aggressive victim act all you want in your attempt to make me look like the bad guy. Trouble is you are a bit full of yourself ever since you made your hail mary 2000 yard shot. Like I said before you have balls trying to tell new guys on the forum that you are annoyed with the basic "?'s" and that they need to post in the appropriate places. In my opinion that is just plain crap from a guy who has only been there a year himself. As I mentioned in the posts, do you ever think that there could be a possibility that some people might have a hard time navigating through the forum or might not be sure of where to post. Give the new guys a break and be patient. You were new once too and everyone was patient with you extend the same courtesy.
Stop this ******** of JB and I waiting in the shadows to attack you. How F'in ridiculous is that. Last time I checked I was out for 2 weeks hunting and helping fill 15 Antelope Tags and 4 Mule Deer tags. I am hardly waiting for neophytes like yourself to say something so I can pounce on you. This little woman like victim routine is quite laughable.
Now go play with your toys.

Ric

----------------------

In a message dated 10/22/2005 8:08:40 AM Mountain Daylight Time, [GoodGroupers Email Removed] writes:

I'm the neophyte? You're the one who acts like it.

--do you know what neophyte means???

Name calling does nothing but make you look like the immature one.
I now see where all your contempt comes from for me. I have accomplished things that you can't even begin to fathom and it irks you to the core. ANother immaturity issue there.

--You are kidding right. Fathom? Common there.. I am speachless at that comment....I have numerous kills beyond 1000 yards. Your 2000 yard shot was luck. Any lr shooter knows that there is luck invovled past 1K. If you throw lead often enough you are bound to hit somthing.

I actually thought you were a good guy yourself until your head got huge over your twins. Problem was that your twins didn't get the attention of my 820 cow elk, my 2051 kill, or my 1508 kill and maybe that boiled your blood.

--Un nope you shot how many times at that cow????

You need to realize that none of those things mean anything. It is not a popularity race. As soon as you realize that, your contempt for me might subside. But then again, maybe not. It might just be your personality that you hate people who do things differently. Another immaturity issue you need to deal with.

--get a grip I have no worries how you do things.

As for the new guys, I am not impatient or annoyed with them. Why is it when Len Backus asked the same favor of everyone, you had nothing to say.

--He owns the board pal... He is allowed to say that. Which is why I qualified my statement saying unless you are a mod or the owner you have no right.

When I ask the VERY SAME THING, you pounce on me. I could and might just show how many times you and especially jr100%bs

--JB has more knowledge than you and I combined. Also more experience. So your ego might write a check you can't cash. I'd be careful how you approach or what you say to him.

have quickly admonished new guys to use the search engine before you answered their q's. Again, it is because you have pre-conceived contempt for me.

--Contempt??, slow your roll there big guy...

YOu brag about your wyoming antelope hunts in your email (even though you missed yours and gave a ridiculous reason for it I might add- .5 minute error on drop would not make you miss the entire antelope at the range he was at)and say you have no time to wait and pounce like you did, yet you still have time to fight with me by mail? Whoa, I must have really hit a nerve. Wish I could say I was sorry.

--Not a fight just didn't want to continue this on the board. I qualified my stements there but you failed to interpret that.
I didn't miss my antelope. You obvioulsy read poorly. Where did I say I missed. Last I check the 660 yard shot took me only 1 shot.

As for the rest of what you said, I couldn't care less. People like yourself will never change, and your attitude is your own punishment in life so I will just let you in wallow in it. I will not let you get the best of me or let you ruin my day. You aren't worth it.

--Thank you oh holy one. I see the light now.... you are so very ful of yourself arn't you. hehehehe....

Good day now.

----------------

Kevin,

This is meerly and attempt to get you to see the other side. In this area I have mouch more experience than you. Trust me on that.

I don't know how many Elk you have killed or have seen killed or hunted for that matter, as a licensed guide for 9 years I have seen probobly 10 times what you have. If those numbers are correct in that post you are asking for trouble. Look at what happened last time you tried this. You really need to evaluate a bit more. 1 mile Elk is a different ball game. Many many guys before you who have been doing this longer than you, I, Dave, Shawn, Len, and many others combined choose much more powerful cartridges and much better bullets for reasons. They have accumulated good and bad data and have drawn conclusions from that. You are teetering on the edge of effectiveness with 800 ft lbs.

I hope you act responsible and see what I am trying to say.

Ric

This is a sad deal, and embarassing to everyone. It seems like GG is genuine in his regret, and although it is not my place to suggest this, I have changed my mind. I thought all day that the Administrators would never change their minds , and this thread amounts to nothing but an eulogy.

But, now, I think when the smoke has cleared, these guys can be civil and avoid conflict. I think you should consider letting Ric back in. Even GG seems to suggest it, and that's the best way I see, at this point, to get everybody back on board without hard feelings. People have taken sides. Not everyone understands the death penalty for the offense, trust in management not withstanding.

Everybody will swallow a little pride, but there will be much fewer lingering resentments. No question, there are many casualities, all the way up the line, but it can be fixed. You fellas will gain in stature, if you relent this time. LB

Dear Factual, If you should sign in again be discreet this time and use a name like majic-man. You know they keep trying to make you disappear yet you keep popping up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good for you!!!!!

I hope some of the members got to see your post before it was remove.

I hope you are given the opportunity to come back under "Ric Horst" as from everything I have seen and now all the post including GG's own post stating [ QUOTE ]
I made a mistake of slightly jabbing Ric in another post

[/ QUOTE ] or his willingness to say [ QUOTE ]
I said a few things I regret

[/ QUOTE ]

This ways a two way road and if they send you packin they should send GG a packin right alone side of you.

GG I think it takes some kind of nerve to even pipe up in this situation, was this too another personal way that you could try to poke at Ric? I think you should stay right out of this as Ric is not here nor is he allowed to defend himself. Big ones is all I have to say to you. They name roads after you "ONE WAY"

I think its a shame to have a place for us all to come to share, learn and teach and the moderators state that this is for the good of the members but then don't listen to those same members.

By GG own admission he did his fare share to bring this on and to only punish one member is not fare to the punished member, the unpunished member or those of us that make up the over 5000 other members.

And I agree with GG when he states [ QUOTE ]
WHen we all signed on as members, we agreed to several rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its just a shame that being fair and treating all the members fairly is not part of this forum.

Ric thanks for all the help and info both directly and indirectly and remember if things don't work out for the R-H thing use MAJIC-MAN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Good Luck to you.

Ben

Letting Ric back in would be the correct plan of action, but EVERYONE could learn like LB put it the cause/effects of ignoring the Administrators. Ric brings up a valid point in GG's pet project, but it is not Ric's project and we should all respect that fact.

We all have things that we take pride in, and this forum gives us a chance to improve those very things by chatting to get new ideas and have others, some more knowledgeable or at least fresh eyes, to give insight and offer suggestions. I would take offense to someone telling me to go back to the drawing board, but we are all adults here. Now I don't even remember what I was thinking or where I was going.

Bring Ric back; I think we can all learn something without the finality of Ric not participating on this forum. The whole thing is regretable, but it can be viewed as growing pains for all of us. Get Ric back in here so we can all laugh it off together. Hell, he even posted a pic of himself piled on a partner's back. He is a pretty selfless guy, and we all go over board everynow and again. We're human.

Can Ric come back and 'play' with us? Please?

Well for goodness sakes,

So this is why Ric was banned???
And all this time I thought he was banned for posting that sexually explicit photograph with all those men on top of each other during his antelope hunt!

Seriously I didn't see any reason for Ric to be banned from the thread that I read. He certainly didn't pounce on anybody. (ok, lets just leave that photograph out of this)

I have really enjoyed Ric's posts and thought him to be extremely credible in his equipment evaluations. His last evaluation on optics was the best that I have seen on this board. The reason why, is because he has the deep pockets to purchase, and use various scopes side by side and give an honest opinion on each without making sales pitches. I truly value honesty and depth of experience. Ric possesed both.

Please ask him to return, He is probably 20% of the reason why I come to this board.

Thank you for your attention,
Cordially yours,
Vic

It seems to me that some people don't see the point here,
Ric broke the rules and it cost him his membership...period!
Regardless of his post contents validity

The rules are there to help the forum move along smoothly
Break the rules, be warned.
Break the rules again, you're out, simple as that.

If the moderators want to let rick back in, thats up to them but i would see that as a back down, rendering the rules worthless, which remember we agreed to abide by on joining this forum.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Well, I'm elated we all don't see things in the same light that you do.

[ QUOTE ]

If the moderators want let rick back in, thats up to them but i would see that as a back down, rendering the rules worthless, which remember we agreed to abide by on joining this forum.

Ian.

[/ QUOTE ]

crosshare,
i have just modified my post, it should have read:
If the moderators "want to" let Ric back thats up to them.

Ian,

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got ih the way"

this is fckin stupid. Ric pointed out an obvious red flag. It's clear the guy doesn't have enough power out at a mile. I mean really...give me a break.

Hey you might as well ban me for being ****ed off that another member got canned for nothing. Grow up.

Wether GG had enough power out to 1 mile is not the point here, Ric was asked by a moderator not to carry on, but he did regardless of the consequences, so he paid with his membership.

He had been previously warned but chose to disregard this warning.

I cant see how it can be put more plainly.
Break a rule at work you get a warning, break that rule again you get fired, you could be the finest employee that the company has and it does'nt matter a toss

Ian.

Ray Romain uses the 250 Gr in his 338/375 (just an improved Weatherby case) Case and has a 34" barrel. We teamed up on a Colorado Mule deer this past season and he got it at 1800 yrds with his rig. The bullet arrived with 800 Foot pounds of energy and after closer inspection penitrated both shoulders and exited the far side. The exit hole was very small being about 1" diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies.