What to do

I thought about a break but I will have to talk to the smith that's alittle further from me and see what he says if he don't want to do it I'll rebarrel
I guess the scope on the gun don't help it ether since it's not heavy it's a Leupold vx3i and I have shoot the 220gr and was shooting the 200gr ammo since that's all I have left now

Because the WSM line will not hold a candle to calibers like the 6.5 STW and 7mm STW PUSHING A 190gr Berger EOL at 3254 fps still not enough but next step would be my 30-378. The WSM will not push the heavier and longer projectiles like the full size magnum. Working on my 6.5 RUM now.

Well....you are obviously an advocate of "KILLS AT BOTH ENDS". This thread started because of too much recoil from a 325 WSM. The beastly guns you advocate will kick much more. Be a macho man if you wish, but dead is dead. My point is that with the great bullets available now, you don't need a 30-378 to kill. My 300 WSM with 130 grain Barnes, goes 3500 fps, and will create silver dollar sized entry and exit holes to 450 yards on big elk....it is also my coyote gun and is pleasant to shoot. By the way this forum loves much lesser calibers such as 6.5 CM. A 6.5 WSM wildcat would be a great gun.

Great looking gun! I would rebarrel to something lighter. sounds like you don't need a cannon in your area

I own a browning xbolt in 325wsm and had a muzzle brake installed haven't had any issues and have taken a lot of critters with that rifle.

Great looking gun! I would rebarrel to something lighter. sounds like you don't need a cannon in your area
No my max range in my farm is 700 yards and deer don't need something that big to kill them i got the gun in a trade that the only reason I have it

I have not been a fan of muzzle brakes but I recently put a brake on a 300wby mag that I refer to as The Punisher. The rifle is now a pleasure to shoot.
As far as a WSM is concerned I have a 270wsm that will kill anything I am it at and the recoil is not bad.
Regarding your 2 options I would brake your current rifle for large game and later get another rifle of a smaller caliber for coyotes and small game.

Already have a 6.5 in a tikka t3x Lite my main hunting rig is a .280rem
The browning is a beautiful gun but the reason is the recoil local Smith said barrel is to skinny to thread for a muzzle break and won't touch It since I had him thread a 300wsm and the muzzle break blew off first shot and he replaced my barrel
Sounds like you need a competent gunsmith that knows how to properly install the proper caliber muzzle brake. Or call Witt machine and order one of their clamp on
breaks. They work an are machined to exactly to fit YOUR barrel and cost less than $90.00. That should fix the recoil problem but 325 WSM is brown bear gun not a coyote or white tail gun, Way to much gun Hang it on the wall or the consignment rack and shoot your tikka.

Last edited:
I have a Kimber Montana in 270 WSM. Absolutely love it. It shoots 110, 130 & 129 gr Barnes Bullets into tiny groups and loves 130 gr Accubonds too. It's at least as light as the Browning and the recoil is very manageable. Of course the bigger Bullets in the 325 push back harder (curse you, Sir Isaac Newton). But the 270 WSM is a very viable alternative for you. Ironically there was an identical Kimber in the rack at my Sportsmans Warehouse in 325 WSM. After I bought the 270, I kept telling the Manager I'd buy the 325 if she knocked $100.00 from the price. They ended up sending it to their Alaska Store. The 325 WSM is on its death bed. Good Luck

I currently have a browning abolt white gold medallion chambered in a 325wsm the gun is to light and the recoil is harsh

So I been pondering on the idea of do I sell the rifle and buy a donor action to build a lighter recoiling rifle
Or
Do I just rebarrel this one
The new rifle will be a around a short action and and hunting white tails and a coyote here and there

The 3 i been thing about would be a
25 sst
7ss
7ss max
I currently have a browning abolt white gold medallion chambered in a 325wsm the gun is to light and the recoil is harsh

So I been pondering on the idea of do I sell the rifle and buy a donor action to build a lighter recoiling rifle
Or
The new rifle will be a around a short action and and hunting white tails and a coyote here and there

25 sst
7ss
7ss max
These 3 will also kick the fool out you without a brake. An inexpensive alternative would be a T/C compass in 6.5 Creedmoor ($275-$300) or a Ruger American in same caliber for less than $400. I have both they both shoot sub moa and excellent on deer, hogs and coyotes out 500 yards and the Ruger has a threaded barrel and I put Witt clamp on break on the T/C for $70 bucks.

If you love the 7mm, i would go with a 7mm-08 or a 7 SAUM if your looking for a little more power. Both will work great on whitetails and coyotes. The 7 SAUM will do better at 700 yds. I don't know the 7ss so can't comment on those, but I believe with any of these you can't go wrong. Hope this helps

I appreciate the responses
I've got the my main go to hunting rifle is my .280 rem of course I have other calibers
270 wsm
300 wsm
6.5 Creedmoor
22-250
243 wssm
.223 rem
But I was thinking about keeping the mike or rebarreling it to something different I'm really liking rich's Idea of the 25 sst since I don't have a .25

If you like the caliber and is accurate, put a muzzle brake on it. I put a muzzle Blake on a fairly light .338 RUM with a light weight barrel that had a vicious recoil. A friend of mine said the the recoil was worse than his 416 Rigby. I built a brake using a 9/16 X 32 thread out of an old 8mm 98 Mauser barrel. I didn't trust the 1/2 X 28 pitch because I thought the barrel would be too thin. You would not have to machine the barrel very much to do it because the thread depth is so shallow. The brake is less than 3 inches long, has 4 ports on the side and 4 slightly smaller ports on top and works very well. Recoil and muzzle rise were drastically reduced. Several people have shot the rifle, including some one who had never shot big game rifle and nobody found the recoil excessive or objectionable.

Or

25 sst
7ss
7ss max