What to build next

I currently have 2 defiance actions sitting in my safe, trying to decide what caliber I should go for next. Currently have a .22lr, 22-250, .223, 30-06, 300wsm, and last but not least a .308… the actions are a short action with a standard bolt face, and a long action magnum…
You should re home the long action mag bolt face, I'd be willing to adopt it and give it a good mountain home🤣🤣

I would say for the short action, standard you need either a 6.5 or a .35 cal. 6.5 Creedmoor or .260 Rem or a 358 Win would be my recommendations.

For the LA, mag bolt face, I would say a 7mm or a .338 of some kind as you already have a .300WSM. Not that you need either of those as the .300WSM is a pretty **** good cartridge in its own right. I would say 7PRC, 7SAUM, 338WM, or 338 Sherman Mag.

It would help to know what your plans would be for them. General shooters with occasional hunting trips, or dedicated bench rigs?

I would say for the short action, standard you need either a 6.5 or a .35 cal. 6.5 Creedmoor or .260 Rem or a 358 Win would be my recommendations.

For the LA, mag bolt face, I would say a 7mm or a .338 of some kind as you already have a .300WSM. Not that you need either of those as the .300WSM is a pretty **** good cartridge in its own right. I would say 7PRC, 7SAUM, 338WM, or 338 Sherman Mag.

It would help to know what your plans would be for them. General shooters with occasional hunting trips, or dedicated bench rigs?
Plans are for hunting, I go out west once a year for elk and or mule deer and hunt white tail down here in the south east. My 300 wsm was purchased for the sole purpose of back pack hunting, she's pretty light. If my memory serves me correct she's just over 7lbs scoped.

It boils down to personal choice/preference. As you can see below, you have a big gap to fill.

.22 cal = .22LR, 22-250, .223
.24 cal =
.25 cal =
.26 cal =
.27 cal =
.28 cal =

.30 cal = .30-06, .308 Win ,.300 WSM
.33 cal =
I think you missed some. lol.

I'd add .17, .20, and .323 as well. It's my goal to have at least one of each. I have too many of some already.

If you actually want to get into shooting a lot and you're at the getting to 1000 stage don't just do a 300prc

Do a 6 creed and have a great time and then once you're tossing them out there at a mile you'll know it's time for a heavy as you can get it 300prc