What state for big deer and good seasons?

Would @skipglo or someone please explain it to me? I'm sure that my lack of any sense of humor is simply preventing me to accepting being the butt of a good joke but if I'm going to live there I'd like to know where there is.

Would @skipglo or someone please explain it to me? I'm sure that my lack of any sense of humor is simply preventing me to accepting being the butt of a good joke but if I'm going to live there I'd like to know where there is.
Your opening line says "You are sick up and fed"...where you obviously meant " Sick and Fed Up"....no biggie!

Im starting to think about geting out of Oregon to hunt deer next year. Looking for recomendations on states that have good populations of mature deer. Mule deer or white tail. Also over the counter tags and a season that runs through the rut. Here in western Oregon the black tail are sneeky elusive and often small. Get a shot at a legal buck take it cause another opportunity probably wont come around. Our season ends at the end of October or very beginning of November. Just before rut. I hear about people in other states passing up deer and or seeing multiple bucks in one day. I want in on some of that action. Not the 28 days of hunting to shoot a forky that I'm used to.
Penn state has allways been know for huge deer i have not hunted there in 30 plus years but i would check it out.that is if we are talking about white tail.because i see post covering every thing.

Our whitetails can hang.
Yep...they sure can! This 'ole boy visited me early this morning.
B218912C-A2C1-4BA1-A408-A04F9C67454B.jpeg

I have hunted the late muzzleloader season in the Applegate unit a couple of times, and there was plenty of rutting activity and big, big bucks running around all over the place. It takes a ton of preference points to draw the tag, though. I have done this hunt twice in twenty years - one time I killed a monster; the other time I screwed up and missed. There are also archery hunts that are late in the year and catch the rut in that area. Don't know how many points you'll need to draw that tag. Outfitters have most of the good private land locked up in leases. I bit the bullet and hired an outfitter, and was extremely happy with the hunt every time. ( I've also done rifle hunts in the regular season.) If you do it, try to hunt the last week of the season. That far south, the weather can be warm well into November, and bluebird weather really puts a damper on deer activity. If it's snowing hard up in the Siskiyou's, though, the foothills will be crawling with animals. If it's raining in the lower elevations, you will have steady deer traffic all day long. Don't go back to camp mid-day - stay in your tree-stand all day and rattle in a big one. It's a whole different world in southern Oregon during the late season. That's why it's so hard to draw those tags.

I agree with all of this except the difficulty to draw. Myself and others I know have drawn with 0 points, and it's typically less than 3. Just my experience.

Here are a couple of east TN bucks not from a "trophy" county. The larger one went 177 5/8 gross BC. Problem TN has is a month and half long rifle season makes it hard to live more than 3.5 or so years. View attachment 155125View attachment 155126
We may have to quiet this back down or we may have a flood of new people coming to Tennessee ,great bucks!

We may have to quiet this back down or we may have a flood of new people coming to Tennessee ,great bucks!
Yea, I was thinking yall were doing a bang up job. So good you might draw some of these weekend woodsman from just south of you. We dont have ANY big bucks in Ga, so if you want big bucks Tenn or Ky are the places to go in the southeast .:D

The first time I ever passed up a legal buck was Applegate ML season here in so Oregon. Sealed the deal on a nice 4x4 a couple days later. Easy draw and is during the rut.
I have shifted primarily to archery to hunt the rut locally.
Thinking about Wyoming next year for something new.
Most of the states in southeast are OTC. Guided hunts??? How much $$$$ do/can you spend. If you watch hunting shows, real pricey!